Looking for a change

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Joe Nobles, May 4, 2018.

1. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

A few to consider:
    1. I echo Stirling - I think it's the best soap on the market for the price. Great selection, service and performance all for well under $3.00 per ounce plus they have a reduced shipping rate.
    2. LaToja shave stick is a fantastic performer. Not much on scent IMO.
    3. Viking Soaps another great value as in price per performance. More limited selection in scent choices.
    4. Shannon's soaps are very nice soaps at $12.00 for 4 ounces. They perform very well and good choice of scents.
    5. Though they have been discontinued, Barrister & Mann's Latha line are excellent soaps for the money. They are great performers but simpler scents. You can find some stock left at a few online retailers.

Best of luck in your quest. If it were me I'd go with Stirling though as IMO their price/performance ratio can't be beat and their selection of scents is amazing. Great aftershaves too. Just my two cents worth.

DesertTime, Frijolero and RyX like this.
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Nobody's mentioned Mystic Water, so I will. Excellent soap and an excellent price point.

3. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

I'll reiterate a couple of suggestions already made.
    Stirling, if you like scent variety and performance
    Cella, for a very inexpensive excellent soap (as cheap as 7.95 a tub). been around for almost 120 years, which is cool.
    Tabac, superior performing milled soap. costs more to get started but lasts forever. You'll be wishing it would end so you can try something new.

There are lots more truly excellent soaps out there. Any suggestion in this thread is a soap worth trying. This is the golden age of wet shaving with amazing choices for about any shaving need. Have fun!

Ksblazer, Frijolero and RyX like this.
  4. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

Hello, allow me to also plug Stirling. They have good sample sizes if you want, cheap shipping and great customer service ...they also add free samples with your order.

Additionally, you might want to look at Mike's Natural Soap. He has a great barbershop scent for $13.00 with amazing performence. Very cheap shipping . Good luck and happy shaving!

DesertTime and Frijolero like this.
  5. Joe Nobles

Joe Nobles Well-Known Member

I so glad I asked. @PLAla I tried the Stirling Gentelman soap and AS today! berry berry good! Wife felt that it had a "nice clean scent"! Gents, I like the many suggestions, and PLAla thanks again for the many samples, much to ponder.

6. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Great!! Glad you got to try some Stirling and some other goodies in there. Enjoy!

Frijolero likes this.
  7. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Stirling is my all time favorite. Pre de Provence is a really good budget-friendly option as well.

8. deniro444

deniro444 Member

Pre de Provence No. 63 is one of my favorites. Highly recommended!

Frijolero likes this.
  9. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Yes Stirling fits that bill. A very slick, alittle heavier, and easy to lather soap. I like Stiring because (it likes water) I'm able to be make the lather into a meringue consistency (soft but firm). I find it not as lite and fluffy as some soaps but that's why I think is so slick.