Lord Super Stainless Blades

Discussion in 'Blade Reviews' started by madmedic, Jul 18, 2007.

1. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

The Lord blade is an Egyptian made stainless blade.

Information gleaned of the web tells us.

In 1978 a joint-venture was formed with the former Wilkinson Sword U.K., the matter that boosted
    the improvement and the modernization of the manufacturing systems, procedures and quality
    controls.
    In 1981 and due to the Wilkinson's restructure for its global functional areas of existence, the
    company was fully sold, which resulted in changing the company's name to "LORD Precision Industries".

The blades are double wrapped and come in packs of 5 in a little cardboard box with no facility for blade disposal.

In use, these blades are sharp and extremely smooth. I get 3 top notch shaves from each one. I would point out That my beard type means that I only get three or four 3 pass shaves from most blades I have used.

These were excellent value for money.......approx $20 for 200 blades. They certainly are a viable alternative to both the Derby and Israeli blades.

As always YMMV.

2. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

This is a good blade. Its VERY forgiving and smooth. If compared to my fav, the Derby, Lord is less sharp but more smooth.. I can easy get a week out of one of theese and the price is very good!

The packaging is good, nowdays they come in pillarpacks instead of of-the-wall card..

I got mine out of eBay.. and paid like 25$ for 200 Egyptian Lords..

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I got some for nothing, so a perfect price. I find them quite sharp, and smooth, but like any blade I use, the most I can use them is for 3 shaves. After that, I have to use a new blade.

4. ShaveAddict

ShaveAddict Member

Good blades

I did a bad review about them becuase they were one of the first blade i used when i started DE shaving, my technique was the problem in fact.
    After using Feather for a couple of months i gave a try to them if there's a difference.
    Well i shaved whit them yesterday and today and yes there's a difference, i got good shaves whit them.
    Not as sharp as Feather of course but quite sharp and more forgiving than Feather.
    Good blade.

5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

My first Lord blade shave tore me up like no blade has for years. I'll assume from these reviews that perhaps I got a bad one.

6. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Or that blade quality has gone downhill in the 3 or 4 years since those reviews were written.

7. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

I think Lord may have gone downhill. I've tried Lord Platinum, Lord Super Chrome and Lord Super Stainless and all of them equally gave me bad shaves. I did give them the benefit of the doubt and tried several blades from each pack just in case I happened to get a bad egg in the basket. Didn't work out. If anyone does have good shaves with them, I wish I could because they are quite inexpensive.