Love My Skin Shaving Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by jimjo1031, Sep 16, 2016.

1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I ordered four Love My Skin shaving soaps and was just wondering if any members here have had any experience using their soaps . The ones I ordered are Shave and a Haircut, Hawaiian Sandlewood, Barbershop 1920's and Lemon Sugar, Frankincense & Myrrh. I also like the way the seller gives a thorough description of each soap fragrance.

They have two listings covering the different scents they have. Combined shipping if ordering more at the same time......
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/MENS-MOISTU...hash=item2a45d28d44:m:maST-wwWbo5rfRkWo_1QLAQ[​IMG]
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/MENS-MOISTU...hash=item27ee57496c:m:maST-wwWbo5rfRkWo_1QLAQ[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    SHAVEWIZARD420 and crackstar like this.
  2. dkeester

dkeester Well-Known Member

I haven't tried these, but have seen them on eBay. Have you had a chance to try them yet? I would love to read a review of them. Thanks.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  3. jimjo1031

I am actually going to do that soon today as I tried some of them.

crackstar and dkeester like this.
  4. dkeester

Awesome! :signs001::happy093:

crackstar likes this.
  5. jimjo1031

So far I have used four Love My Skin soaps and I can say they all deliver great lather that is slick. They smell great and can't wait til I use the other ones. The ones I have used so far are - Tobacco & Bay Leaf (nice tobacco shop scent), Lemon Sugar & Frankincense & Myrrh (kind of a floral musky citrus scent), Barber Shop 1920's (a musky bay rum type scent), Sailor's Spice (A complicated scent, floral, citrus, musky, cinnamon, really good).

6. jimjo1031

The other Love My Skin soaps I have yet to try, but will post what I think of their scents at a later date. They are - Shave & A Haircut, Beau Brummel Cybilla, Hawaiian Sandlewood, Spearmint, Violet (for my GF, but I'll try it).

crackstar and dkeester like this.
  7. dkeester

Thanks for the review. I will have to order a couple of these once I work through some of my soap stash.

crackstar and jimjo1031 like this.
  8. jimjo1031

If it's from this vendor, sbtanning, he combines shipping. Had five on my last order and shipping was the same as for one.

crackstar likes this.
  9. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Those soaps sound like they are really good. How is the lather longevity? Also, what brush(es) did you use?

crackstar likes this.
  10. jimjo1031

The lather is really good and I used synthetic and badger brushes.

crackstar likes this.
  11. jimjo1031

Three more Love My Skin soaps I have tried. Hawaiian Sandlewood - not a strong scent like regular sandlewood, but a nice light sweet musky scent. Shave & A Haircut - a very nice barber shop like scent with a hint of orange. Spearmint - pretty much describes itself, like Life Savors candy or Wrigley's Spearmint gum.

crackstar and RyX like this.
  12. dkeester

What sort of container are you using to store the open pucks? Thanks.

crackstar likes this.
  13. jimjo1031

I got these from Ebay. They are perfect for soaps 1 in x 3 in. s-l500.jpg IMG_0753.jpg

crackstar likes this.
  14. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

LMS is a great glycerin based soap, inexpensive, lots of scents to choose from, and they make a great lather. I believe the samples are 1.5 Oz which gives you plenty of shaves. The only scent I didn't care for way the bay rum, smelled like a pine tree to me, but a great performing soap for a nice price.

crackstar, Paul Turner and jimjo1031 like this.
  15. jimjo1031

Ok, the last two soaps I have from Love My Skin. Violet - pretty much describes itself. Beau Brummel Cybilla - I do get a spicy tobacco like scent from it. This is their description of it...... "Beau Brummel Cybilla: This scent was created to reminded us of the Gentlemen's clubs of the 18th century. Tobacco and black tea are the dominate notes with hints of fruit and spice. This fragrance is heady, masculine and evokes images of the classic well dressed gentleman."

crackstar likes this.
  16. banks741938

banks741938 Well-Known Member

Can you post up the seller you got the tins from? Im looking to get some for my smaples and pucks that i dont have a tin for. also will stitling pucks fit in those? Thanks!!!

crackstar and jimjo1031 like this.
  17. jimjo1031

I'm not sure about Stirling Soaps as I don't have any and don't know their size. This is the the seller I got them from, but there are others who have similar and others that'll fit different sizes.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gold-Metal-...142411?hash=item4af8a4fe0b:g:Vq4AAOSw4GVYJQ5~

crackstar likes this.
  18. banks741938

banks741938 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I have some at home so ill measure to see if they fit. I think it will be just fine.

19. dkeester

So I finally decided to take a chance on these soaps. They all smell great!!! The recommended tins should be here Tuesday.
    Optimized-IMAG0621[1].jpg

jimjo1031 likes this.
  20. jimjo1031

If you want, carefully peel of those labels and put them on top of the covers, they fit perfectly.