Love My Skin Shaving Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by jimjo1031, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Interesting that they have two titles of similar sounding(by name))soaps....Shave And A Haircut and Barbershop, 1920's.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    jimjo1031 likes this.
  2. Paul Turner

That BBC sounds great!!

crackstar and jimjo1031 like this.
  3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I really like it, has a nice scent to it.

crackstar and Paul Turner like this.
  4. jimjo1031

They have another one called Barber Shoppe. These are descriptions of their barber shop type scents.
    Shave and a Haircut: A masculine scent with clean, sharp finish. It's the perfect combination of barbershop aromas. This fragrance combines the scent of a strong yet sweet aftershave along with hints of aromatic spices and orange zest.
    Barber Shop 1920’s: Heart notes of amber and rum with a light top note of musk and bay make this irresistible!
    Barber Shoppe: Vibrant Bergamot and fresh basil leaf are complimented by earthy notes of Oakmoss and white patchouli.

crackstar likes this.
  5. Paul Turner

Didn't know about the last one...thanks for all this, @jimjo1031.

6. dkeester

dkeester Well-Known Member

The products are spread across two eBay listings:
    A-S: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MENS-MOISTU...S-SIZE-/181560053060?var=&hash=item2a45d28d44
    S-Z: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MENS-MOISTU...hash=item27ee57496c:m:maST-wwWbo5rfRkWo_1QLAQ

They have a ton of different scents.

That is my plan after seeing the pic of your tins. Also, I just got notice a bit ago that the tins arrived early, so I can get them sorted tonight and maybe shave with one tomorrow. Yay!!

7. jimjo1031

Yeah, a large selection of scents, plus good prices and combined shipping. Hard to beat that.

Paul Turner likes this.
  8. dkeester

Agreed. I ended up paying about $5.34 per puck for my order. At that price if I don't like a scent, I can just use it for bath soap, or just bin it, and not feel at all bad. Depending on how well it works for me, it could easily become my go-to shave soap.

9. dkeester

Also, the scents are strong. I could smell the pucks through the packaging. This is a definite bonus in my estimation.

Paul Turner likes this.
  10. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Agori mou, Stirling's soap bowls are 5.8 ounces, but it seems like they contain more soap than that. I cannot believe how long they last.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  11. jimjo1031

I'd like to get a couple of Stirling's, especially the ones with menthol. Wintergreen and Iced Pineapple and other chill ones sound good.

crackstar likes this.
  12. crackstar

Oh my God, the Wintergreen has a monstrous menthol effect just like the other Glacials. I swear, the mighty Cryogen is now in second place after how these Glacials took over. I've never tried the Iced Pineapple but I will sooner or later.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  13. crackstar

I also wouldn't mind getting my mitts on that Stirling Grapefruit Menthol offering. But seriously, those Glacials can freeze the face off! (kai to psoli!) lollllllllll

jimjo1031 likes this.
  14. jimjo1031

:rofl:

15. Paul Turner

I'm finding that out with the Barbershop soap I have.

crackstar likes this.
  16. dkeester

Wow. Those tins are just the right size.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  17. dkeester

So, I used the LMS Amber for today's shave. The scent really reminds me of the smell of Play-Doh from when I was a kid. It is not a bad smell, just an odd one.

The shave performance was great. It gave me plenty of slickness and cushion for my straight shave today. I need to use it a few more times to dial it in and make a full determination, but I think it is a winner.

jimjo1031 likes this.