Love the Aristocrat

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by wchnu, Jan 6, 2009.

1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I bought a 40's aristocrat from the Zook a while back. Just tried it out this morning. Very very very very nice shave. As most know I am a SE guy, but
    I do occasionally try out a DE. This is my second favorite one.

It has no date code and no notch. Is this like the SS and that makes it a 47?

Fuzzy

2. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

ive been DYING to get my hands on a 1910s one. seriously the last razor i want.

seriously. i think.

3. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

1946-1947

They were made both of those years. But, yes, it is basically the same as with the Super Speeds

4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Not sure what that looks like.. but if I find one.. it is yours....

Thanks Guido... it was a great shave...

Fuzzy

5. Hi All,

These razors make me sad. I've tried a bunch of those 40's type Aristocrats and 50's Diplomats and they just do not fit my face. Man.........it's frustrating, cause I love the way those things look. I have finally given up trying those models. Hehe, open comb Aristocrats now.........that's seeming to be a much happier story. Who woulda thunk it.
    Martin

Oh Will? Don't bother typing that innocent sounding "Maybe another blade would help" to me...........heh. I told you before, I've already gone down quite enough of them razor rabbit holes. In other words, I've already fallen for it before and have found peace with my fatboy combos................sorta.

6. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

this is one from 1914. i forget where this picture is from.

[​IMG]

7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Nice..vedddddddy nice

Fuzzy

8. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

Yes those sets are sweet, but so hard to find. I have the razor with a lot of plate wear, but am still searching for a nice set. Dave, how about I'll take the first nice set that shows up on the bay and you get the second:D hows that sound?:happy102

9. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

hey scotty good to dee ya. I still owe ya $10 please pm the addy one more time and i will get it sent.

Fuzzy

10. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Hey I want one too!!