Mailman paid a visit today; I got new stuff I forgot about! Pic Heavy

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by jbraman, Dec 31, 2011.

1. jbraman

jbraman Member

So as I was leaving today, the mailman stopped by with two packages. Apparently I got so wrapped up with RAD, I forgot I even ordered this stuff. I couldn't resist! The nice thing is the wife was as impressed as I was! Woohoo!

In one bundle, I got an old Durham safety/straight razor in a ratty leather pouch, a leather "travel strop"?, and the coup de gras: A Rolls Razor that looks absolutely untouched! It has all the original paperwork, inspection certificate, etc, and it is in a nice presentation type case. The blade is still in the original paper, and the hone and strop are absolutely PERFECT.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm not sure if the strop is really a strop, and I don't care for the safety/straight, so I'll probably end up PIF'ing it to someone.

Mechguy and supe like this.
  2. jbraman

jbraman Member

In the next package, I got an old gold'ish OC tech, NDC. I got in on the bay for $1.08
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. jbraman

jbraman Member

AAAnd, it didn't come in the mail, but I got it on clearance at Bath and Body Works. $1.75. It lathers like a DREAM!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mechguy, fishcrow, Hanzo and 3 others like this.
  4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

The razor is call an OLD type. It predated the tech and is part of the first line of Gillettes when King C. Gillette still had ownership and input into the company.

Clean it with scrubbing bubbles and polish it with Flitz polish and you will be surprised at how well it can shave.

Good haul you have there.

5. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Love the Bigelow. Great performer and the smell is nice IMO. And the menthol :love055: of course!

6. supe

supe Active Member

That Rolls is Sweet!! Nice haul!

7. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

That might be the nicest Rolls I've seen, great score!

8. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

That's a beautiful Rolls!

9. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

:signs011: The Rolls look great

10. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Excellent haul. The Rolls looks great, can not wait to read about how it shaves.

11. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Sweet! Enjoy your new goodies.

12. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

Sweet score on the rolls

13. Mark1966

Mark1966 Well-Known Member

Nice when you get a surprise and stuff arrives that you have forgotten about!

14. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

15. Shayne Redfearn

Shayne Redfearn Active Member

great pics of your goodies...thanks for sharing