Mantics Tutorial Videos

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Mama Bear, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I've been wet-shaving since the mid-60's...like playing music, the better you get the more you realize Chops are really all about the basics...I watched the 10 Minute Shave video the other night for fun, but the way you show the correct angle, I had an "Ah-Ha" experiance and realized my shaving angle had slipped and gotten sloppy. After fixing my angle, and using a little more water for my lather (I also watched your lather video), I decided to try my shave this morning with my Slim on the #9 setting and the results were amazing. The shave was actually pretty low-impact and soft...irritation free. Thanks Mark...Watching your video showed me, even those of us not new to TWS need to occasionally review the basics...And this can give immediate gratification...:))

2. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Watching the lather making video just reinforces my love for face lathering...the brush spends all the time on the face...I love the feel of my brush on my face, after the lather is ready I'm usually a little sorry because the process feels so good...:)

3. newb

newb Resident Newb

Mantic's videos are great , they inspired me to start wet shaving. Now I just need to continue to work on my technique.

4. Batness

Batness New Member

Even though I'll be using the razor on my legs and ladyparts instead of face, the basics of the videos is helpful (and the pics are hilarious).

Glad someone mentioned Trumper's on the intro videos! I love the violet....

5. mantic

mantic U TOOB

6. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

Nice one, Mark! I always enjoy the 'vintage' video clips, many of which look way too familiar (am I really that old?). I recently pointed my 21 year old son at your work and he said 'hey, that guy's pretty cool'. He's yet another convert getting better shaves thanks to your mentoring.

I've been wondering about that stuff at Rite Aid and will now have to pick up a tube (you enabler, you).

Thanks for continuing to create great shaving videos, and for your inspiration and good humor!

7. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

just saw that on twitter, nice work....and I don't have any thoughts on a teleprompter, but there's gotta be something out there

8. mantic

mantic U TOOB

9. chadstar

chadstar Member

I know that last video advice will work so will have no probs with trying it when i shave in the morning:D

10. wildbill51

wildbill51 Member

Great work - thanks :happy088

11. TSasser

TSasser New Member

I have been looking for these videos for some time. Glad to see I have found the holy grail:happy069

12. mantic

mantic U TOOB

13. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

Great video as always. I have not tried mitchells wool fat soap but I did discover that loading a drier brush and adding water later works much better for me even with creams. I hate lather with bubbles (foam). since I do have soft water I don't need to use much water to make a good lather or to totally ruin it. Thanks for the tutorial it ::git

14. YankeeBoy

YankeeBoy Member

What a great set of videos. I just recently scored a Fatboy and did not know to loosen the silo doors before adjusting the setting on the razor. Thanks again for taking the time to make these videos.

15. mantic

mantic U TOOB

16. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

:happy096

17. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

:sihns011 and LMAO

18. voice940

voice940 Member

sweet

Thanks for posting these!~

19. Oscar

Oscar Member

These videos are such a good source of information about traditional shaving. I came across the "Advanced Shaving Techniques" video for the first time and thought I'd watch it real quick before going to bed; next thing I knew was it was 2 AM, I had been watching these videos for almost two hours and was on my way to order my first safety razor set from amazon.com!

If Mr. Mantic had a Facebook fan page, I would become a fan of him : )

20. supe

supe Active Member

thanks for the videos Mantic, informative, inspirational and sometime humoress.