Mantics Tutorial Videos

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Mama Bear, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Jeremysilverado

Jeremysilverado New Member

Mantic59 has taught me a substantial amount of wet shaving knowledge. Thanks for the links!

2. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

Mark,
    Just wanted to say thanks for all that you have done, and will do for this hobby...uh...affliction we all know and love. Several years ago, as a completely clueless noob, your videos were my burning bush. As a result, my early shaves quickly became remarkably comfortable and the learning curve was severely reduced thanks to your expert instruction. So on behalf of everyone who, like me picked up a safety razor (in my case a Micromatic Open Comb), watched your videos, applied your instruction, and then thought "where has this stuff been all my life?", Thanks a million and keep up the good work! You're probably too humble to admit it but I think it would be safe to say that most of the full blown shave freaks that have been produced in the last 3-5 years owe much of their initial conversion to your excellent videos, thanks again, brother!

3. mantic

mantic U TOOB

4. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Very nice, now just need one for preshave balms and the like.

5. NoahG

NoahG Member

I love these videos and this one was especially helpful, as I think I dun been doin it backwards. :ashamed001 plus I second the one on preshaves....nudge nudge.;)

6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

My Dad saw me shaving one morning not too long ago, and he told me I do it like a professional--then I showed him one of Mark's videos, and he said "Jeff, he can teach you things you never knew existed!" I agree with Dad. :)

7. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

Thank you sir for another informative shave video. They seem to be getting
    more professional-the production/graphic part. Shave content has always been great.

8. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Great as always, Mark! Thanks for the great info and great presentation.

9. Asd

Asd Well-Known Member

Mark, if there was a medal 'For switching innocent souls to the light of wetshaving' it was yours for sure! You're doing a great and very important work for countless people all over the world! Thanks a lot!

10. marks971

marks971 Member

Another great video Mark! I have all the videos you have made and they have helped me to improve my DE experience. Thank you!:happy096:1respect:thanks

11. Tforc

Tforc Member

Ha I found yet another nugget

I watched videos till my eyes are bleeding need to watch more but eyes are closing. very good need to find some on stright shaving and how to hone and strop? any suggestions would be helpfull.

12. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Honing videos you say? Have a look at this thread, Glen has put together some great honing videos.

13. James

James New Member

Wow, those have saved me from tons of goofs...
    I watched the 36 of them in the list today..

14. Xezmer

Xezmer Active Member

Aren't they addicting? I constantly wait for new ones :D

15. James

James New Member

Yep, I love the comical inserts... subliminal messages...

16. ive learned alot from manic and geofatboy, youtube is this generations teacher

17. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Thx mantic for your expertise & the time you spend making these vids. They are a great resource for a young wet shaver.

Cheers,
    Brian

18. Antanque

Antanque New Member

Such a great resource! I've been watching them one after the other all morning! Thanks Mark!

19. mantic

mantic U TOOB

Another video, how to extend the life of razor blades. Although I show using a cartridge razor, the techniques and some of the products will also work with a DE. Caution, I do mention some commercial products: they are not endorsements.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyxBfGcHDbM

20. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Good information right there. I've seen quite a bit of chatter on forums and youtube about that razopit.