Marble Hill Minty Seaweed Shave & Shampoo Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by madmedic, Feb 13, 2007.

1. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

Boy......is this a strange one. I found it on eBay, and decided to give it a go as I am always on the lookout for something to use on my travels.

First of all what does the manufacturer say about it?

"Minty Kelp Shave and Shampoo Bar
    Developed originally as the Man Bar this is a unique formulation which was devised to allow all the men in our house to shave, shower and shampoo with the absolute minimum of time and fuss.

The organic seaweed brings all the benefits of naturally occurring minerals and alginates, the neem and tea tree oils are antiseptic and the added castor and jojoba oils add softness and moisture allowing the bar to be used from top to toe."

The product listing also includes Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil,glycerine, Olive Oil, Avacado Oil, Sunflower Oil, and Vitamin E.

I used the bar like a shave stick...topping up a little with each pass and with a little work....I achieved a reasonable lather....which disappeared quite quickly. With any other soap..I would have started over again with something else. In this case I was able to continue. I have NEVER used anything with as much lubrication. To be honest if I had been using my Futur...I think I would have had trouble holding the handle. The scent was predominantly mint. It doesn't taste great though:signs047

With the shave completed..I was BBS with no need for an AS Balm. I used a little Coral Skinfood for drydown. To be honest I think I would miss not having to clean lather off the floor...ceiling, walls, mirror etc. All in all I was impressed, and will use it to save space on my travels.

Yehuda D likes this.
  2. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

Have you tried this as a shampoo or bath bar yet? Very cool btw Brian!!

3. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

Not as yet...I will give it a go in the morning

Yehuda D likes this.