Master's Impulse

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by urrlord, Feb 18, 2018.

1. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

A few months ago I picked up a bottle of this product at Atlanta Barber.As always it is a good value 16 oz for 7-8 dollars.The ingredient list is short-alcohol,water,fragrance,glycerin,coloring,polysobate20.On the ride home I dabbed some on my wrist to test it's drydown and longevity.At first I was a bit ambivalent towards it,nice but not outstanding.
    The scent from what I have read from one reviewer who communicated with Master's it's suppose to be a Denim type.I own Denim and there is a little scent in common.Denim has a sharp opening note,the some opening note is present in English Leather.
    In Impulse that sharp opening note is about a third of the strength of Denim,the other scents in the a/s that I pick up are a musk like Barbasol's Musk somewhat sweet but full bodied, a bit of leather and somewhere way in the back I swear there is a BayRum scent.When used the moisturizing effect is decent from the glycerin.The a/s is soothing with the sharp opening note which fades away about 75% and the full bodied sweet-musk comes out and at random times a Bay note drifts out.The scent lasts all day at about a 10-12 inch projection.At least right now in the cooler weather.I am not sure about it in Georgia's summer,some a/s do not do well in the heat and humidity.
    As I said I was a bit ambivalent when I first purchased it.Now I find myself reaching for it several times a week.It has grown on me.This a/s is well worth purchasing.

Yehuda D and Paul Turner like this.
  2. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Great write up! Thanks

Yehuda D and Paul Turner like this.
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Thanks, sounds like a winner. I've seen the Masters products, but haven't tried them; with a nice price and favorable scent, I'll give them a shot. :)

Paul Turner likes this.
  4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I've been considering their Bay Rum, but others sound interesting, too.

Yehuda D likes this.
  5. Paul Turner

I have my "issues" with using aftershave in heat&humidity, as I've been posting. Wow, a combo of leather and bay rum, eh?

6. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

The Master's line offers good products at a good price,very economical.I keep a number of them in the cabinet.Here they are w/a little description:
    Challenge-a cedarwood,orange ,black pepper offering that would scare the pants off a metrosexual.
    Iceland Breeze-menthol VEG!Did that blow your mind?
    Focus-Brut with pine instead of fougere,very soothing.
    Spice-A lighter "sunnier" spice offering.
    Lilac Vegetal-lilac with no cat pee.
    Jade-a Polo type that smells wonderful for about 4 minutes and then disappears.Should be called the green ghost.
    Topaz-light spice and a lot of powder
    Lord&Master-a scent from my childhood that I cannot place.Reminds me of the amber liquid antibacterial soap

7. Paul Turner

Thanks for the listing and commentary. As I recall, I thought I might like the Challenge and Topaz, along with the Bay Rum. No Cat P on the Lilac Veg, eh? :)