Members Pet Gallery

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by mastermute, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

A little stray we brought in not to long ago. " Lucky Lady "

IMG_1301.JPG

2. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Livin the good life now.

Redfisher likes this.
  3. Redfisher

Yep! We had her spayed, she had a cracked tooth that was pulled, who knows how it got that way, and all her shots . We estimated her age at about 6-7 months when she showed up. Smart cat, she picked the right house!

Paul Turner and PickledNorthern like this.
  4. Billy Goatee

Billy Goatee Well-Known Member

A rescue. Mega dose of separation anxiety. 20161202_221334.jpg

5. Redfisher

A real beauty that one!

PickledNorthern and Billy Goatee like this.
  6. Billy Goatee

She's a huge PITA

Redfisher and PickledNorthern like this.
  7. Redfisher

She has some teeth, does she get excited and want to bite?

8. Billy Goatee

Yes, but doesn't bite hard unless she gets excited. The claws are more destructive

Redfisher likes this.
  9. Redfisher

At least she loves you!

10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

great of you to rescue her :).

11. Redfisher

If you have a spare buck donate to your local rescue agency. I personally make a monthly donation to the ASPCA. We got to help the little ones anyway we can.

12. Paul Turner

I donate to them too, occasional bundle amount. Maybe I should go monthly with all of my groups(all pro-animal).

Redfisher and PickledNorthern like this.
  13. Billy Goatee

I didn't want a kitten, and wanted one already fixed. We lucked out and got a loving cat (some times too much so)

Redfisher and Paul Turner like this.
  14. MarshalArtist

MarshalArtist Psychiatric Help 5¢

I am acquainted with three veterinarians who all tell me the largest cause of death for domestic animals is euthanasia. It's easily stopped by neutering/spaying, adopting rescue/shelter pets, refusing to buy from puppy/kitten mills or "backyard breeders," and making sure you are willing to keep your pet for the rest of its natural life—includes budgeting for proper veterinary care and grooming as needed.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
    Demidog and Redfisher like this.
  15. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

IMG_0079.JPG
    This is Bryant. My son's dog, but since he's in the Infantry, he doesn't spend enough time home(18 hr work days) to take care of him. So you know what that means. He's a great dog, but I can't wait 'till my son's enlistment is up.

16. Paul Turner

I bet Bryant can't wait, too

Demidog and Redfisher like this.
  17. Redfisher

If you do it do it right.

MarshalArtist likes this.
  18. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

So Im sure some of you know, we got a new puppy a few months back after the loss of our last....anyways, I dont know what triggered it but I just so happen to research "best food to feed your dog", and similar to how I got into DE's I took a real issue with the veil that had been covering my eyes....I didnt realize the can of worms I would open but Im very glad that I did... @MarshalArtist comment reminded me of this, that you should also budget/research what you are feeding them too...what the USA call's "acceptable" to use/put in pet foods is anything but "acceptable"...sorry for a depressing post in such a wonderful thread, but I feel like I can be the only one that was fooled by some of those companys.

19. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I hear you cluckin, Big Chicken.

IDuck likes this.
  20. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Maggie and me. She is a rescue from the local shelter. She's big - an English Mastiff but also a sweet heart. I was at the shelter when they brought her in. She had been living wild for a couple months (history unknown) and they had to drug her to get her in the cage. The shelter folks were afraid of her. I asked if I could go back and sit with her. They said ok but do not touch her. I went back into the cage area and after looking in her eyes - I went into her cage. The rest is history - she is the most loving dog I have ever known. We're constant companions now.
    Maggie 1.jpg

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017