Memories of old people (your memories)

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by gorgo2, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

When I ws a kid, arrows were always made of wood.

Keithmax likes this.
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Like ducks and witches. :D

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    RyX, Keithmax and Sara-s like this.
  3. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

:D

Zykris likes this.
  4. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Bleck! Now I have reflex memories of Irish Spring in my mouth. Lol gross stuff.

Keithmax likes this.
  5. richgem

Hahaha... amateur! Fell's Naphtha Soap for the win! :sick007:

Keithmax, Norcalnewb and Zykris like this.
  6. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Oh, that's so wrong! Funny enough, I use that stuff to make homemade laundry detergent. Also, I use a wash board and hang dry clothes. I was born into the wrong time.

Norcalnewb likes this.
  7. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

My wife uses that to make laundry detergent. I would hate to get that in my mouth!

I have to admit, I have never washed my kids mouth out. Is that done anymore?

RyX, Keithmax and Zykris like this.
  8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

[​IMG]

9. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Not sure if this fits on this thread but I just got back from shopping. I stopped by Walmart for something and found Christmas is in full swing. All the lights, Xmas decorations, along with artificial trees are stacked to the ceiling and for sale. I remember once upon a time when Xmas items were not displayed until after Thanksgiving - not September 21.

RyX, Keithmax, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  10. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

This is getting ridiculous. Invasion of my favorite season, Halloween!

Keithmax, Paul Turner and Col C like this.
  11. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

I swear, this is one of my pet peeves. There are many things that can elicit a response from this grumpy old man, but when I see some nit-wit ditty bopping along the aisle of the local chain store, with his pants down halfway to his knees, my initial reaction is to club him to death with the nearest can of vegetables I can grab. Unfortunately I cannot do it. Mainly because I'm too old/sick/disabled to stand up to a battle with one of those fools. But I usually make a snide comment at the least. I surely do not understand why people wear their pants like that.

RyX and Enrico like this.
  12. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I work in construction a few years back and was sitting with a group of guys. A young man in his early twenties joined us for lunch that had had been wearing his pants in the fore mentioned style. After he settled in to eat his lunch, I turn to him and said "Thank you for the offer, but I'm not interested". He looked at me with a puzzled look and asked me what I meant. I told him I had a buddy that got out of prison, and he told me that was the signal they used between inmates to say they were available for sexual relations. :sexe:My other coworkers then quickly turned to the young man and told him they weren't interested either. :shocked003:

The young man started wearing a belt the next day. :happy102:

RyX, Keithmax, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  13. richgem

For the win. Rofl.

14. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Except for Lawn Darts. Those were fun.

Glad to hear that you got him to start wearing a belt. However, the baggy pants is actually a bit more prosaic. The pants are held up with elastic - they're not allowed to have string. As there aren't any 'personal' prison clothes, they have 'one size fits most', with the balance of the clothing being on the large size. (Easier for a small person to wear huge pants and shirt than vice versa). As the elastic wears out, even the 'almost fits' have to be held up with one hand :)

Now - I'd suspect that people took advantage of that to make the 'sexual relations' part _work_, but it's not where it started.

15. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

That's a good way to bring the young fellow to his senses. Good, quick thinking on your part. I used to be in the construction field too, road construction. A guy wearing his pants like that wouldn't have lasted long on my crew. I'm glad that wasn't a fad when I was still working. The men and I worked too hard and too many hours to babysit some disfunctional newbie.

RyX and Enrico like this.
  16. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

"BRIDS"?
    Back in my day, we had to proof all keyed-in copy before we posted humorous memes! :D:D

Keithmax, Bookworm and mrchick like this.
  17. richgem

And they weren't called BRIDS then either. They were velociraptors ! :scared007:

Keithmax and mrchick like this.
  18. Bookworm

Nah - archeopteryx.

Keithmax and richgem like this.
  19. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I worked at an auto shop that had the cloth towel dispenser. It's not a loop, it transfers the towel length to a catch roller as it is pulled out. Reload was a clean roll after removing the used roll.

RyX and Keithmax like this.
  20. Bookworm

Right - I _seem_ to remember a couple that were a loop, but the bulk of them operated just like fax transfer machines (or thermal transfer label printers, badge printers, plastic typewriter ribbons, etc) with the pickup roller. I've thought about buying one, but I'm not sure how space is required to wash and dry one. (how big of a unit)

Keithmax likes this.