Menthol Mondays!! WooHoo!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Dridecker, Mar 7, 2010.

1. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

Looking forward to the Kent Cream this morning. I received a jar of Kent cream this winter, along with a brush I was fortunate enough to win on FB (with the help of a lot of my friends). Anyway, this stuff is a menthol bomb! Nice, mild scent and very cooling.

Time to get in there and wake up!

2. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Kent cream is mentholated? :think002

Didn't know that till now.... :)

3. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

:freezing Yeah, Baby!!! :anifrozen

4. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

I like Menthol! :D

5. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Hold off on that ebay purchase of Kent cream, bro. I might have somethin for ya. ;)

6. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

I was just lookin... :D

My shave goodies allowance is all gone. :cool:

7. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

:happy108 My Godrej Menthol Mist arrived today, just in time for Menthol Monday! :bounce017

8. StephenDE

StephenDE New Member

Freeze out!

I'm in. Not this monday, but probably the next. Casting about for Jeris Osage Rub to get my evening freeze. If I can find it local, good. If I can't: Amazon or someone from TSD who sells it. Anyway, I'll be freezing by next week or the week after.:anifrozen :anifrozen

9. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

I had to skip my Menthol Monday because I ran out of Bigelow last week and my TSD Iced Subzero is still in the works. So today I used an Arko shave stick for the first time - that stuff was amazing! I can see me melting it down and mixing some menthol crystals in with it. I can also see me buying the case of them on Amazon.

I am sure hoping to get my TSD order in for next Monday.

10. Billr

Yipeeeeeeeee! My TSD order has shipped! JoAnne you rock! This next Menthol Monday is gonna be awsome! I may have to turn the heat up in the house.

11. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

:happy096

12. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Bill, how do you like that Godrej Menthol Mist--isn't it awesome?

13. AxelH

AxelH New Member

Monday is Kiehlling Me

chelsea's soap garden pre-shave + moist/heat
    kiehl's "white eagle" shave cream
    dovo 13/16 "best quality" round tip
    chelsea's soap garden for finish
    alum
    witch-hazel w/ pine & eucalyptus oil
    pinaud's "clubman"

Meh. Okay shave, close enough, but the Kiehl's isn't good enough for a straight. I actually found the chelsea's soap garden (eBay soap) to be superior once it "sets" on the face, and it's a sub-par soap for str8s.

Used Kiehl's 'cuz gonna compare to Anthony Logistics shave cream. It's got menthol, more camphorous than menthol but thought it would be appropriate for Menthday.

14. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

:anifrozen It's Menthol Monday again! :anifrozen​

15. Billr

:sihns011

I have it all laid out and ready to go. Gonna be a CHILLY day!

16. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

You guys are starting to wear me down. ;)
    Now I've been playing along on most Mondays, alternating with the Bigelow and Tom's of Maine. Haven't been hard core about it, although I did use the Bigelow this morning. But all this talk about menthol!! As you may or may not know, I have been on the lookout for locally sold Osage Rub - no luck.

*sigh* guess I gotta order some of the M Bomb from JoAnna. Darn, then I guess I might as well order some soaps, since I'm there. DRAT! Gotta get some SE blades, too. Hey, you gotta save on shipping costs. My wife will understand, won't she? Won't she?!?

17. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

M.M.s

Green tub Proraso and Godrej menthol mist.....cool but I am probably just a footnote in the menthol M's allstars. I need to improve my game with upgrades.:anifrozen

18. geogaga

geogaga Member

My penny. Omega Shaving Cream + Svoboda Vitamin F after shave balm.

19. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

:signs107

I'm sure your wife is a very understanding woman Steve. :)

20. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

We can help explain things to your wife. "The menthol gets into your brain and all self control is out the window. It's not Steve's fault, really " or "The M-bomb will save you tons of money. Think of all that mentholated product he now does not have to purchase."