Menthol Mondays!! WooHoo!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Dridecker, Mar 7, 2010.

1. vwp528

vwp528 Well-Known Member

4/14/2014 I got it in a PIF week/Menthol Monday!

Prep: Hot shower with L'Oreal Men Expert Facial Wash, home made PSO
    Razor: Muhle R41 2011, Wade & Butcher Bow straight razor
    Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome Red pack (5)
    Brush: Vie Long Horse Hair 23mm knot
    Soap: Yeti Snot shaving soap
    After: Home made ASB
    After Shave: Barbon after shave
    Cologne: Tabac Rouge sample

A 2 pass Darn Fine Shave + this rainy morning. The Yeti Snot I got in a PIF. It definitely wakes you up and the Barbon keeps the freezy feeling going.

Have a blessed day!

[​IMG]

2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Menthol Monday:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    #6 Horsehair
    Super Speed/new Sharp
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Diana Sport Menthol Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Osage Rub AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Avon Wild Country Cologne

I test-lathered the new Stirling Glacial Wintergreen soap before, and all I can say is - wowwwwwww!!!!! Whereas there were problems with the original formulation to make it lather, this new version is so easy and the lather is so rich and enjoyable with a really beautiful and true wintergreen scent. The menthol effect from this soap is almost painful because it's so cold, and the chances of your eyes tearing are a definite possibility. This soap has wonderful skincare as do all the Stirling soaps I've used. The Diana Sport balm and the Rubby Dubby Doo are equally as intensely-frigid as this soap. ;) :D

GDCarrington, vwp528 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  3. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

Besides amazon or other online venues, do you know any stores that would carry menthol crystals? Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, etc...? Also, which do you feel is the coldest: Vostok, Proraso green, or C.O. Bigelow?

4. Daytonkb

Daytonkb Well-Known Member

your proraso green and Bigelow are the same thing just in different packages, very nice cold creams. Not to sure about Vostok, never have used it before. But the Bigelow was my first shave cream and I still have it in rotation.

5. crackstar

The Vostok is MUCH colder than Proraso Green or Bigelow. There's no comparison. :)

Daytonkb likes this.
  6. crackstar

Menthol Monday!

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/new Sharp
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Diana Sport Menthol Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Osage Rub AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Wild Country Cologne

Holy Icicles, Batman - talk about shiverin' when you're shavin' - these are some of my Cracky Wacky Ticky Tacky Heavy Menthol Artillery which is guaranteed to freeze a guy's face to the point where he'll feel almost numb. The Neutrogena Men facial wash starts the snow balls rolling, and the new Glacial Wintergreen soap with its vastly-improved lather and gorgeous scent has a menthol effect which makes your eyes tear and your nose run, and each pass is colder than the previous one. The Diana Sport balm and the Rubby Dubby Doo are almost painful after a bone-chillingly cold shave like this. Menthol extravaganzas like this are necessary in Guadeloupe at this time of the year! ;) :D

GDCarrington, vwp528 and DentonMajik like this.
  7. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

4/28/2014

[​IMG]

vwp528, Adonis and crackstar like this.
  8. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Super Speed/new Sharp
    Stirling Glacial Spearmint SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Wild Country Cologne

This is such a perfect set-up for either the summer or in this case, for the tropics. The Neutrogena facial wash has a very strong menthol effect, especially when it's on your face for a couple of minutes and it smells very nice. It also doesn't dry out your skin at all. The Glacial Spearmint soap smells absolutely beautiful and the menthol takes hold immediately, and the freezing effect gets stronger and stronger with each pass. It lathers very well if you start off with a relatively dryish brush and gradually add a little more water. This soap also has a fantastic moisturizing and soothing effect as well. The Diana Sport balm and the Rubby Dubby Doo combined are almost painfully frigid - in fact, my suggestion is that unless you can handle such intense menthol, stay away from these products. Now, back to the sunshine! ;) :D

GDCarrington and vwp528 like this.
  9. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

You could try an organic or health store. I bought my crystals online. Cheap stuff. I'd recommend TSD store M-Bomb.

vwp528 and crackstar like this.
  10. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Super Speed/new Sharp
    Stirling Glacial Obsidian SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Aramis EdT

This is what you can say is the Mother of All Menthol Set-ups - first off, we have the Neutrogena facial wash which feels very cooling when you leave it on your face for a couple of minutes and it's very skin-friendly with a nice scent. Secondly, this Glacial Obsidian soap is so damned cold that the menthol fumes make your eyes tear and your nose run sometimes, and each pass is more frigid than the one before. Finally, Diana and her boyfriend, the Rubby Dubby Doo are the absolute ultimate frigid aftershave combination! ;) :D

GDCarrington, vwp528 and Bobcat like this.
  11. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Jeff, how strong is the licorice scent in that Glacial Obsidian?

12. crackstar

It's very strong, but: it lightens up when you're shaving and when you rinse your face afterwards, the scent really doesn't linger. The menthol effect hangs on for about twenty minutes after you're done. It's that strong.

RaZorBurn123 and vwp528 like this.
  13. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Tomorrow's planned shave (5-12-2014)

[​IMG]

vwp528, Bobcat and crackstar like this.
  14. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic, Krampert's Frostbite: A match made in heaven.

[​IMG]

RaZorBurn123, GDCarrington and vwp528 like this.
  15. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

A day late to post,
    But my monday was

Stirling Black Ice shave soap,
    VDH brush
    Gillette super speed
    Astra SS blade

Stirling Black Ice WHAS.

Very cold shave.

Just placed an order with stirling for the MITA body soap, a mentha scrub body soap, and one of the Glacial Spearmint testers. More menthol on the way. Woo hoo.

RaZorBurn123, GDCarrington and vwp528 like this.
  16. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Gatsby Ice Cooling Gel Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Super Speed/new Sharp
    Stirling Glacial Obsidian SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:

Here we go again - another case of goosebumps while enjoying a shave because everything in this set-up is frigidly-cold from the Gatsby facial wash, to the Rubby Dubby Doo. The Glacial Obsidian soap has a scent which is quite similar to Rod's Black Ice soap, except that it's a lot stronger and the menthol effect is enough to make your face feel like it's on fire. The soap also lathers very well if you start with a relatively dry brush and gradually a little more water and soap as needed. The Diana Sport balm (I'll soon need some more) is the strongest menthol balm I ever experienced and needless to say - the Rubby Dubby Doo freezes like no other aftershave. ;) :D

17. crackstar

Thanks for the info, Tad!

FatherofSquirrel likes this.
  18. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Planned Shave 5-19-2014 ...

[​IMG]

19. Heloguy

Heloguy Well-Known Member

CO Bigelow shave cream (tube)
    EJDE89811 razor
    WIlkinson Sword saloon pack blade (India)
    Thayers witch hazel
    Osage Rub,
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue-with added menthol crystals.

Great smooth DFS and a great start to the week!

GDCarrington and vwp528 like this.
  20. vwp528

vwp528 Well-Known Member

5/19/2014

Prep: Hot shower with Axe chilled cooling Face Wash, home made PSO
    Razor: Gillette slim H3 (7), Wade & Butcher Bow straight razor
    Blade: Astra SP (2)
    Brush: Vie Long Horse Hair 23mm knot
    Soap: TSD lanolin shaving soap - Iced Sub Zero
    After: Home made ASB, Barbon after shave
    Cologne: Xerjoff - Nio

A chilly 2 pass Darn Fine Shave.