Menthol Mondays!! WooHoo!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Dridecker, Mar 7, 2010.

1. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

It has become a game time decision the morning of! ;)

2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Planned Shave 7-14-2014

[​IMG]

crackstar and Jasman like this.
  3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Menthol Monday!

Gatsby Ice Cooling Gel Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    #6 Horsehair
    Super Speed/new Rapira
    Godrej Menthol Mist SC :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    444 AS Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Osage Rub AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Aramis EdT

Lately I've been using about 95% soaps so this time I decided to use the cream I originally planned to use today. The Godrej Menthol Mist is full of awesome lather which gives great blade glide and a darned strong menthol sensation with pretty good skincare. The Gatsby facial wash is really cold as well, and the 444 balm together with the Rubby Dubby Doo are enough to freeze a man's face off. I'm in love with the Rapiras - they're so sharp and smooth. ;) :D

GDCarrington likes this.
  4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Planned Shave 21 July 2014

[​IMG]

Jasman likes this.
  5. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Gatsby Ice Cooling Gel Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/new Rapira
    Stirling Glacial Obsidian SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    444 AS Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Osage Rub AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Chabrawichi 555 Cologne

This set-up is not for anyone who's not able to tolerate intense menthol because even the Gatsby facial wash is really cold. However, it leaves the skin well-moisturized and very clean. The Glacial Obsidian soap makes your eyes tear and your nose run because the menthol fumes are so powerful, and the lather is rich, slick, and a pleasure to work with. The freezing effect is as cold as ice and the skincare is terrific. The 444 balm combined with the Rubby Dubby Doo are a great finish. ;) :D

GDCarrington likes this.
  6. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

I'm using C.O. Bigelow this week, In honor of Menthol Monday, I'll use the Osage Rub aftershave.

P.S. - I think Crackstar is a masochist. That would be way too much menthol for the normal human.

GDCarrington and crackstar like this.
  7. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Lea Menthol SC
    VDH/TGN Silvertip brush
    '51 Gillette w/ASR blade
    Osage Rub + Jason's Aloe Gel
    Pinaud Lime Sec EDC

Love the Lea Menthol. Great lather, tremendous cooling and great skin care. Just wonderful

GDCarrington and crackstar like this.
  8. crackstar

Who said I was a normal human?

GDCarrington likes this.
  9. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Super Speed/new Rapira
    Stirling Glacial Obsidian SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Anherb AS Conditioner :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Brut Cologne

This set-up is only for a true menthol freak like myself because it's so intensely-cold. The Gatsby facial wash is as cold as, or even colder than mentholated creams and soaps I've tried. The Glacial Obsidian soap is capable of making your eyes tear and your nose run - its black licorice scent is nice, its lather is a pleasure to work with, and the menthol effect makes your face feel like it's coming off. The Anherb conditioner and the Rubby Dubby Doo are a great way to prolong the freeze. ;) :D

GDCarrington likes this.
  10. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

#6 Horsehair
    Super Speed/new Rapira
    Italian Palmolive Menthol SC :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Aramis EdT

When you do something, you do it right - this is a great set-up for Menthol Monday, even if I say so myself. The Gatsby facial wash is chock full of menthol, the Palmolive Menthol cream freezes awesomely, the 444 balm keeps the freeze going, and the Rubby Dubby Doo delivers a powerful icy blast of its own which feels so good. ;) :D

Omelmad likes this.
  11. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Planned Shave 4 August 2014

[​IMG]

Jasman likes this.
  12. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

Menthol Monday!! lol

[​IMG]

Pre: Shave Secret
    Brush: VDH Boar Brush
    Soap: HTGAM – Frost Byte
    Razor: ’32 -40 Gillette Short Comb Ball Tip
    Blade: PolSilver IR
    Splash: Shea Moisture Shave Tea Tree Herbal AS
    Post: Pacific Shaving Moisturizer & Fine Classic AS – Platinum

ICY! That’s really the only way to describe my shave this morning. I swear each time I use Frost Byte it gets colder! ...

Get the rest at That Shave Life!

crackstar and GDCarrington like this.
  13. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Super Speed/new Rapira
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen WH :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Dolce & Gabbana EdT

Unless you can tolerate intense menthol, don't and I repeat DON'T use this set-up because every item is extremely cold. The Gatsby facial wash starts the ball rolling, the Glacial Wintergreen soap is so cold that it feels like shaving in a freezer, the 444 balm is also plenty icy, and the Glacial Wintergreen witch hazel out-freezes even the Rubby Dubby Doo. No way will I sweat tomorrow! ;) :D

14. crackstar

My friend, I would love to buy a puck of the Frost_byte soap just so I could compare it to the Glacial soaps that I have. They can also make your eyes tear big-time! :)

Adonis likes this.
  15. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I don't believe there is a colder soap than the glacial =)

crackstar likes this.
  16. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Planned Shave for Monday 11 August 2014

[​IMG]

17. crackstar

I agree, but I'm curious to try this Frost_byte! :happy102:

18. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Don't u live in the us

19. crackstar

I live in Montreal, Canada. :)

20. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Edit: 8/12 Just realized I forgot the pic of the SOTD LOL

Pre: Maggard Razors PSO – Lime
    Brush: VDH Boar
    Soap: Maggard Razors – Orange Menthol
    Razor: Schick Injector – L Series
    Blade: Schick Injector Blade
    Splash: Thayers Natural Remedies Lemon Witch Hazel w/ Aloe Vera Astringent
    Post: Pacific Shaving Moisturizer & Fine Classic AS – Platinum

A very citrus-y shave this morning! Like a tall, icy glass of lemonade with a splash of orange juice! With extra ice! ...

That Shave Life!:happy069:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
    crackstar and GDCarrington like this.