Menthol Mondays!! WooHoo!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Dridecker, Mar 7, 2010.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Menthol Monday:

Gatsby Ice Cooling Gel Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/new Rapira
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    444 AS Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen WH :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui EdT

If this set-up doesn't freeze a man's face off, then nothing will. Once again, and this is very important for everyone to know that every item I'll be using is very cold. The Gatsby facial wash can be considered a face-freezer, the Glacial Wintergreen soap is off the charts with its menthol power and wonderful scent, super-rich lather, and perfect skincare. For those who like a balm which feels moisturizing and cold, the 444 fits that bill awesomely, and the Glacial Wintergreen witch hazel is the coldest aftershave that I ever used. It can and it does out-freeze even the famous Rubby Dubby Doo. ;) :D

GDCarrington likes this.
  2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Since Bruce was "inspired" by yesterday's pic, I will return the favor today and get out the Short Handled SA for my 8-18 planned shave!

[​IMG]

3. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

I plan on participating tomorrow:D

4. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Super Speed/new Rapira
    Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    444 AS Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen WH :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:

Another dynamic face-freezing set-up which is perfect for a great Menthol Monday shave. The Glacial Lemon Chill soap has everything I look for - a lovely lemony/menthol scent, awesome lather, and that bone-chilling cold blast which I enjoy so much. The 444 balm increases that blast very nicely and the Glacial Wintergreen witch hazel adds the strongest and heaviest freeze of any aftershave product I ever used. ;) :D

dscaver likes this.
  5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

The shave that is planned for 25 August 2014 ...

[​IMG]

crackstar likes this.
  6. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Pre: Shave Secret
    Brush: VDH Kit Boar Brush
    Soap: RazoRock Brain Freeze
    Razor: 32 -40 Gillette New Long Comb Bar Handle
    Blade: Shark SS
    Splash: Humphreys Alcohol Free Cucumber Melon Witch Hazel Facial Toner

Good shave to kick off the work week! The Brain Freeze has just enough chill to wake me up and get me alert in the morning!..

Get more at That Shave Life!:shaver

dscaver and GDCarrington like this.
  7. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I've been using Ingram cream the past few weeks and it's really nice stuff.

Today: Nivea menthol face wash, Ingram cream, Aqua Velva. Not a super face freezer but really nice.

8. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Super Speed/new Rapira
    Stirling Glacial Obsidian SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Anherb AS Conditioner :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Osage Rub AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:

Nothing can beat a set-up like this for a Menthol Monday Shave - every item I listed is damned cold. The Neutrogena Men face wash has a good, strong menthol punch to it with a nice scent and good skincare. A word of caution to anybody who cannot tolerate intense menthol - the Glacial Obsidian soap is so powerful that it starts to freeze the face almost immediately on contact. Like all the Glacials, this soap is easily comparable to the Yeti Snot and it lathers more easily with much better moisturizing and protection against irritation or razor burn. The Anherb conditioner does a very good job of soothing sensitive skin in addition to providing an excellent cooling sensation. Finally, the world-renowned Rubby Dubby Doo is a perfect icy-cold finale. ;) :D

GDCarrington likes this.
  9. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Pre: Shave Secret
    Brush: VDH Kit Boar Brush
    Soap: HTGAM – Frost Byte
    Razor: Merkur 41C 1904 OC
    Blade: Voskhod(3)
    Splash: Wal-mart Witch hazel 86%
    Post: Aubrey Organics City Rhythms AS Balm & Fine Platinum AS

Happy Labor Day! Kind of a damp, grey start to the holiday so I wanted a great shave to perk me up! This mornings shave was awesome!...

Freezing at That Shave Life!:scared007:

sean102385 and GDCarrington like this.
  10. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Menthol Monday:
    Prep: Hot shower, Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub cleanser, TSD Jasmine Sambac Preshave balm
    Brush: Simpson 56 Best Badger
    Soap: Stirling Glacial Obsidian :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Razor: FaTip Piccolo
    Blade: Bolzano Superinox (4)
    Passes: WTG, XTG (7, 8)
    Post: Cold water splash, Bloc Osma Alum, Dickinson's WH, Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS splash
    Cologne: Xeryus by Givenchy

First use of the Glacial Obsidian, approached with some trepidation from reputation. As was the case for me with the bay rum from Rod, the lather on the maiden voyage wasn't spectacular, though I expect that to improve. The chill from this soap was most immediately noticeable in my mustache area, taking a bit more time to build on the rest of my face. Slickness was very good, and I suspect cushion will improve after the soap's properly soaked. Between passes, I could really begin to feel the menthol on my cheeks and neck, and it became really pronounced at the cold water splash. It was never 'painfully cold,' and my eyes never watered, but I could see both of those things being true were I a 4-pass shaver. I wound up with a DFS+ shave, perhaps thanks in part to the BBS results of yesterday. Those in the USA, enjoy Labor Day! :pot:

Adonis and GDCarrington like this.
  11. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Adonis likes this.
  12. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Shave of the day, menthol monday

Pre- Hot shower and ARKO + Homemade preshave oil

Soap/cream- Craftsman unscented with Stirling Glacial Wintergreen

Brush- Omega boar 10810

Razor- Gillette Slim Adjustable(3)

Blade- Astra SP

Post- Cold water rinse, alum block, Old Spice whitewater and Nivea aftershave balm with 2 drops of homemade menthol additive

First shave with my Slim adjustable i went with setting 3.

Didnt go so well, but I just need to get to know the razor I'm sure =)

I mixed Craftsman unscented with Glacial wintergreen because I can't handle the glacial on it's own =P I
    Managed to get a good chill.

Hopefully next shave will be better =) my face looks like it needs to recover a day or two =(

[​IMG]

Adonis and GDCarrington like this.
  13. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I've been having a menthol summer :). I finished off my tube of Ingram cream a few days ago. Today, like the past few days has been Nivea menthol face wash for prep, CO Bigelow cream, and Aqua Velva. I figure I've got at least a week left in this tube of Bigelow and then I'll switch to a tub of Proraso white and keep the menthol going into the fall.

Omelmad and GDCarrington like this.
  14. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Is it possible that 2 different menthols gives different feel?

I used glacial today with craftsman unscented, it felt really nice. I got a bit of irritation from the shave but the menthol in the glacial soap made it feel nice.

But when I added some of my menthol additive to my after shave balm and applied to face it burned a bit. I actually washes it off so I wouldn't get red all over where I shaved =P

15. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

#6 Horsehair
    Super Speed/new Rapira
    Stirling Black Ice SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Osage Rub AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:

Although the Black Ice doesn't rate as a hyper-mentholated soap it's still got more than enough menthol in it to give a very, very nice cooling sensation and it's a pleasure to lather up with. Its skincare is so moisturizing and soothing as well, and its black licorice scent to me anyways, is very pleasant. The 444 balm is one of the best out there and just a small amount is needed to cool and soothe the skin after a shave. The Rubby Dubby Doo is hard to match for iciness and that refreshing feeling. ;) :D

GDCarrington likes this.
  16. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

There is more than one type of menthol.

http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/menthol-l-menthol-d-or-a-mix-of-the-two.39210/

In addition, a mix of menthol and other ingredients can cause different sensations.

17. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Planned Shave for 8 September 2014 ...

[​IMG]

18. figment714

figment714 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Menthol Monday, September 8, 2014

Cool shower
    Prep: Peppermint PSO
    Brush: Classic Shaving Badger
    Soap: Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill
    Razor: EJ DE89L
    Blade: Personna Lab Blue (5)
    Aftershave: Osage Rub

Woooo Whooooo! that was cold!

- Don

GDCarrington likes this.
  19. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

A mentholated day is in store ...

[​IMG]

9-15-2014 Shave Plan

dscaver likes this.
  20. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Super Speed/new Sharp
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:

A colder set-up than this would be very hard to find because every item is so potent that it freezes the face like crazy. Even the Neutrogena facial wash is loaded with menthol and it turns really cold when it's on your face for a couple of minutes. The Glacial Wintergreen soap comes from the most powerful menthol family on this planet, and the matching witch hazel can teach the Rubby Dubby Doo a few things about face-freezing. I want to see how different the Sharp blades are from the Rapiras. ;) :D