Menthol Mondays!! WooHoo!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Dridecker, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Tools For Menthol Monday, October 6, 2014

IMG_1002.JPG Chill on!

GDCarrington likes this.
  2. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

20141006_062009-1.jpg
    yes sir

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
    GDCarrington and crackstar like this.
  3. Boojum1

SOTD ~ Menthol Monday, October 6, 2014

Prep: Warm/Cold Shower - Neutrogena Face Wash :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Razor: P-4 Super Adjustable Long Handle
    Blade: Polsilver SI
    Brush: Whipped Dog Boar
    Lather: Proraso Green :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Post: Alum Block, Menthol Witch Hazel, Gold Bond Green Lotion,
    Proraso Aftershave Lotion :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:

IMG_1009.JPG Have a great day! :happy036:

GDCarrington and Omelmad like this.
  4. Boojum1

New for next weeks set up.
    IMG_1025.JPG :happy036:

GDCarrington likes this.
  5. Boojum1

Shave Plan ~ Menthol Monday, 10/13/2014

Prep: Warm/Cold Shower - Neutogena Invigorating Face Wash :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Razor: Schick Injector I-2
    Blade: Schick
    Brush: Simpson Commodore X-3 Best
    Lather: Proraso Green :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Post: Alum Block, Menthol Witch Hazel :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Aftershave: Proraso Green Aftershave Balm :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Cologne: Pino Silvestri :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:

Stay frosty! :git:

GDCarrington likes this.
  6. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Shave for OCtober 13th ...

The FaTip is a very aggressive razor and even in this configuration I will only use it a second day (13th) and then move to something else in the OC rotation. Usually a razor such as this, or the 2013 R41, gets used for two days then it is back to a less aggressive razor.

[​IMG]

Boojum1 likes this.
  7. david of central florida

today's menthol blast 20141013_050835.jpg
    bigelow and the rubby dubby do

GDCarrington and Boojum1 like this.
  8. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Menthol Monday:

Gatsby Ice Cooling Gel Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/new Sharp
    Stirling Glacial Obsidian SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Gold Bond Moisturizer :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen WH :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Dolce & Gabbana EdT

This is a set-up only for a hard-core menthol addict like myself because it can be very uncomfortable for many guys if they are sensitive to the cold stuff. Even the Gatsby facial wash is strongly-mentholated and the cooling sensation really comes out if it's on your face for a couple of minutes. The Glacial Obsidian soap is so freezing that after a while it makes your face feel like it's on fire. I admit that a bit of extra work is necessary to produce a rich lather, but that extra work will definitely pay off for you. The Gold Bond moisturizer is another great face-freezer and the Glacial Wintergreen witch hazel will make you cry "tears of joy." I'll be watching this new Sharp blade for this week because now I'm concerned about the longevity, or perhaps the lack of it. This blade brand seems to suddenly lose efficiency as opposed to others I've used. ;) :D

Porter, GDCarrington and Boojum1 like this.
  9. vwp528

vwp528 Well-Known Member

10/13/2014 Menthol Monday!! / Open Comb October

Prep: Hot shower with Nivea Face Wash with menthol, home made PSO
    Razor: Muhle R41 2010, JR Torrey straight razor
    Blade: Pol Silver Super Iridium (1)
    Brush: Turkish #6
    Soap: TSD - Iced Subzero
    After: Home made ASB, Barbon after shave
    Cologne: Cuir Cannage

A comfortable Darn Fine Shave this morning. The TSD - Iced Subzero whipped up nicely this morning and left my face feeling protected. The Barbon continued the chill and Cuir Cannage well have me smelling great all day.

Have a blessed day!

[​IMG]

GDCarrington and Boojum1 like this.
  10. Boojum1

S.O.T.D. ~ Menthol Monday, October 13, 2014

Prep: Warm/Cold Shower - Neutogena Invigorating Face Wash :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Razor: Schick Injector I-2
    Blade: Schick
    Brush: Simpson Commodore X-3 Best
    Lather: Proraso Green :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Post: Alum Block, Menthol Witch Hazel :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Aftershave: Proraso Green Aftershave Balm :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Cologne: Pino Silvestri :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:

IMG_1074.JPG Stay frosty! :happy088:

GDCarrington likes this.
  11. Porter

Porter Well-Known Member

Menthol Monday (Oct 13, 2014)
    Prep: Went for a run, hot shower, Cromwell & Cruthers shaving oil
    Blade: Gillette Slim on 6-7
    Soap: Combo of Stirling Glacial Wintergreen and Mike's Rose and Cedarwood. My sample of Stirling is running out, and as I've forced myself to adopt austerity measures, it's my only form of menthol until my TSD Iced Subzero arrives.
    Brush: Omega 10066 Boar
    Post-shave: Osage Rub and some Vaseline to keep the skin happy.
    Still feeling some tingle about 15 minutes later and loving it.
    Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to all the other Canucks in the Den!
    SOTD.JPG

BigMark and GDCarrington like this.
  12. Boojum1

Shave Plan ~ Menthol Monday, October 20, 2014

Neutrogena Face Wash :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Gillette '49 Super Speed
    Polsilver SI
    Omega Boar 10098
    Strop Shoppe - Alpine Frost:Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Menthol Witch Hazel:Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Proraso Green Balm:Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
    GDCarrington likes this.
  13. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Gatsby Ice Cooling Gel Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Super Speed/new Shark
    Synergy Frost_byte SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Gold Bond Moisturizer :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Osage Rub AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Pino Silvestre EdT

Freeze, baby, freeze - with this set-up that's what you can expect to happen. Every item is really cold, beginning with the Gatsby facial wash. That Frost_byte soap is very well-named, and not only does it deliver a super-duper menthol wallop, it also lathers immediately with GOOD skincare. I enjoy the additional cooling from the Gold Bond moisturizer, and the Rubby Dubby Doo is the proverbial "icing" on the cake because it's so damned cold. These Shark blades have better longevity, so it seems than the Sharps. ;) :D

Boojum1 and GDCarrington like this.
  14. Porter

Porter Well-Known Member

Shave plan for Menthol Monday:
    Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable on 7-8
    Blade: Derby
    Brush: Omega 10066 Boar
    Soap: Iced Subzero isn't here yet :( so MWF with a drop of rosemary peppermint EO for a mild chill, and maybe a swirl or two with Stirling Glacial.

Post Shave: Osage and some vaseline to finish up. I love the tingle of Osage; I didn't even shave today but I used it anyway after a cold water face rinse this morning just to wake up.

GDCarrington likes this.
  15. david of central florida

menthol Monday 20141020_071222.jpg

16. vwp528

vwp528 Well-Known Member

10/20/2014 Open Comb October / Menthol Monday!!!

Prep: Hot shower with Nivea Face Wash with menthol, home made PSO
    Razor: GEM Micro Matic OC, Wade & Butcher Bow straight razor
    Blade: Gem PTFE coated SE blade (6)
    Brush: Turkish #6
    Soap: Sterling - Frozen Tundra
    After: Home made ASB, Barbon after shave
    Cologne: Tom Ford - Tobacco Vanille

A very cool comfortable Darn Fine Shave today. The #6 whipped the Frozen Tundra to almost a yogurt like consistency. The MM OC and the W&B made quick work of the stubble. The Barbon kept the cool feeling going for a while. The TV will keep me smelling great all day.

Have a blessed day!

[​IMG]

Boojum1, Porter and GDCarrington like this.
  17. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

For 20 OCtober

[​IMG]

Boojum1 likes this.
  18. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

Menthol Monday

Stirling MITA
    merkur 23 c w/ Gillette silver blue blade
    red handled brush from GD
    stirling MITA WHAS

A real face freezer. Great shave.

GDCarrington likes this.
  19. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Glad to see your enjoy the brush.

FatherofSquirrel likes this.
  20. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Super Speed/new Shark
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Diana Sport Menthol Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen WH :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui EdT

This is the coldest and most frigid set-up a menthol lover like myself could possibly find and I sincerely advise anyone who's not able to handle intense menthol to avoid it because several items might be very uncomfortable. The Gatsby facial wash is very cold, but refreshing as well as moisturizing. Now for the heavy-duty stuff: The Glacial Wintergreen soap has a menthol effect which hits like ten tons of icy bricks almost immediately, and the longer it's on your face the colder it gets. The Diana Sport balm is very moisturizing with an extremely strong freezing effect and The Glacial Wintergreen witch hazel is even colder. Your face will feel cold for hours after shaving with these items. ;) :D