Menthol Mondays!! WooHoo!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Dridecker, Mar 7, 2010.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Menthol Monday:

Gatsby Ice Cooling Gel Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Lord Super/Dorco day 2
    Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen WH :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Pino Silvestre EdT

Mama mia, this is a perfect way for a menthol maniac like me to have fun freezing his face and at the same time to get a great shave. The Gatsby facial wash is very nicely-scented with plenty of skincare as well as very cooling. Rod's Glacial Lemon Chill gives such slick, rich, bone-chillingly COLD lather with a wonderful, refreshing lemony scent, and the Glacial Wintergreen witch hazel is so frigid that it makes the Rubby Dubby Doo feel almost warm. My Lord Super DE is an awesome performer even with a relatively inferior blade like the Dorco. ;) :D

Boojum1 and GDCarrington like this.
  2. Porter

Porter Well-Known Member

Menthol Monday Nov 24th

Prep: Cromwell and Cruthers oil and a little vaseline
    Blade: Dovo Best Quality 5/8
    Brush: Omega 10066
    Soap: MWF with a couple drops of Rosemary and Peppermint EO to cool things down

I've been using the Fat for the last month to perfect my lathering technique for it, and today was a good day. Creamy thick lather that made for a good shave; the rosemary and peppermint EO gives it a nice cool feeling. My Dovo, on the other hand, let me know it wasn't happy that I'd been neglecting it for my Gillette Slim by giving me a good nick on my jawline.
    SOTD1.jpeg

3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Shave for 24 November
    The Omega Pro 49 is coming into fine fashion and worked up a solid lather with the Vintage Williams. The Type F Schick Injector is one of the most aggressive of the injectors made by Schick. It produced a highly efficient 2 Pass BBS again. Another A/S testing and this time it is Master Checkered Flag. It is nice citrusy fragrance but is not a long lasting fragrance in terms of strength so if you want something to last longer seek another product. All in all a very nice shave.

[​IMG]

Boojum1, crackstar and Porter like this.
  4. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I mentholated my products for menthol Monday.
    i bombed the Proraso white
    and iced the Brut. 20141124_074329-1.jpg

5. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Gatsby Ice Cooling Gel Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Lord Super/Dorco day 7
    Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen WH :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Polo Original EdT

Just thinking about this set-up is enough to make me start shivering because every item is so damned cold. The Gatsby facial wash packs a great menthol punch and it's very cleansing and moisturizing. The Glacial Lemon Chill soap is soooooo frigidly-cold that you almost want to be near a space heater while it's on your face. BTW, I find you could get absolutely delightfully-rich, stable lather with this soap if you let the puck soak for a few minutes and then spill out the water, followed by loading it on a fairly wet brush. The reason I say this is because the Glacial soaps tend to be very thirsty. The Glacial Wintergreen witch hazel has a menthol sensation which is so strong that you feel a cold tingle from it for hours after you applied it, and is it ever soothing and comforting. ;) :D

6. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

1 December Shave

[​IMG]

Boojum1, Bama Samurai and crackstar like this.
  7. Porter

Porter Well-Known Member

Didn't shave today, but I splashed myself with the Rub before walking out the door just to get into the spirit of things.
    :santa

8. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

I shaved with the Proraso Sandalwood, but finished with Osage Rub for Menthol Monday.

GDCarrington and crackstar like this.
  9. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Inaugural Menthol Monday!

After Graduating from @GDCarrington 30 day school, and surviving @Shotwell November, I proudly saddle up for Menthol Monday. Shave components inspired by @crackstar! image.jpg

Soap: Yeti Snot
    AS: Alum, Menthol WH, TSD Iced Subzero then Barbon
    Razor: Utopia

Cold. Smooth. Fresh.

Awesome!

crackstar, GDCarrington and Boojum1 like this.
  10. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Lord Super/Dorco day 5
    Stirling Glacial Obsidian SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Gold Bond Moisturizer :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Dolce & Gabbana EdT

If you guys want to know about intense menthol, then come and see me - it'll be my pleasure to teach you. Let's start with this Gatsby facial wash - it has plenty of the cold stuff in it and it cleans and refreshes the skin beautifully. Next up is the Glacial Obsidian soap - wowwwwww, a strong black licorice scent and a frigid wallop which hits on contact and causes tearing eyes and a runny nose. Lots of rich, slick lather and awesome skincare as well. Then we have the Gold Bond moisturizer which is scentless and so cooling and soothing, and last but not least the Glacial Wintergreen witch hazel - man oh man, this stuff beats the Rubby Dubby Doo in menthol power! ;) :D

11. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Monday, December 7, 2014

Mon1.JPG

12. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Plan for 8 December 2014

This is my first time using the YUMA. I have had it for years in a box, but I have never used it. We shall see how it does.

[​IMG]

Bama Samurai likes this.
  13. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

Shave of the Day

Early Monday Menthol Morning

[​IMG]

Music: Beck "Unforgiven"
    Prep: hot bath, Shea black African facial soap, The Shave Den Shop's Iced Subzero
    Razor: Wilkinson Sword Empire 7 Day
    Blade: Wilkinson Sword Wedge, Monday blade
    Brush: Rubberset 400-4 Silvertip
    Lather: De Vergulde Hand
    Shave (blade exposure): 3 passes; WTG (75%), XTG (50%), ATG + Cleanup (50%)
    Post: Cold water, Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue splash, Axe Chill gel

Hadn't done a Menthol Monday in forever so I did one early this morning before I went to bed. Couldn't sleep, so shaved at 1 AM.

Had fun with the cooler than cool Wilky on the Monday blade, stropped 20 times. Sharper than any blade I've ever used in a safety razor hands down. Makes a Feather look like a Derby. He he he

De Vergulde Hand once again gives thick lather that seems to just melt hair off my face. For me it does anyways.

Classic AV and new school Axe to numb and tighten. Great shave and it was fun too!!

14. Bama Samurai

Menthol Monday....laid out for December 8 2015

Get frosty, shall we? image.jpg

TSD Iced Subzero Lanolin Soap and AS
    Barbon AS

A 48 full of cold goodness to start off the week!

(God willing)

Cool. Smooth. Fresh.

Awesome!

Boojum1, GDCarrington and youngunn like this.
  15. Bama Samurai

I think I see a TSD store exclusive in this artful photo. How cold relative to Iced Subzero is the Axe Chill?

My favorite episode ever of Austin City Limits was Beck playing a 30 min traditional C&W set followed by his stuff, backed by the Flaming Lips. He is an amazing musician. The album Sea Change by Beck, written on the heels of his divorce, is a true classic. I have linked to the song "Lost Cause", though I suspect you may know it well. Don't listen to DJ Splash while shaving, unless you are in a hurry...

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
    GDCarrington and youngunn like this.
  16. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

TSD ISZ is a little colder than Axe Chill, I really enjoy the moisturizing properties of the Chill though and plus I bought 4 tubes of it on clearance at Walmart, was only 3.50 each.

I really love the new Beck album, it's really chill and calming and goes well with the chill of menthol Monday lol.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  17. Bama Samurai

Definitely a score. Glacial soap scent fave? I have only test lathered Obsidian.

crackstar likes this.
  18. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

SOTD
    Menthol Monday, December 8, 2014

Hot/Warm Shower, Neutrogena Face Wash, Mike's Natural Bath Soap - Pumpkin Spice
    Mergress Long Handle, Comfort Straight
    Ladas - #3
    Simpson Commodore 3 Best
    Proraso Green Sapone'
    Alum Stick, Witch Hazel+, Aloe Vera Toner
    Proraso Aftershave Green Balm, Proraso Aftershave Lotion
    Starting to work in a Straight Razor to my shave routine. Only the side burns and high on the cheeks so far. This beauty is one of @HolyRollah's restorations. He is The Bacon Lord and the Straight Miester. Today's shave was very cool thanks to the Proraso team. Have a good week friends, and remember STAY FROSTY! :happy088:

Attached Files:

GDCarrington likes this.
  19. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Super Speed/new 7 AM
    Italian Palmolive Menthol SC :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Gold Bond Moisturizer :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Max Refreshing AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:

Not as intensely cold as I usually do it on a Menthol Monday but still pretty darned cold. The Neutrogena facial wash has plenty of menthol in it to wake you up, it smells nice, and it's also very skin-friendly. The Italian Palmolive Menthol has long been one of my favourite creams - it has everything I love because its scent is awesome, its lather is a pleasure to work with, and it's a good menthol bomb with terrific skincare. The Gold Bond needs no description, and the Max Refreshing aftershave from Bulgaria smells a lot like Polo Original, and is it ever frigid and soothing. ;) :D

20. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Plan for 15 December 2014
    A Maggard Razors Menthol Monday.

[​IMG]

Boojum1, Bama Samurai and crackstar like this.