Menthol Mondays!! WooHoo!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Dridecker, Mar 7, 2010.

1. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

II February MMXV Shave

[​IMG]

Porter and crackstar like this.
  2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Menthol Monday:

Gatsby Ice Cooling Gel Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/new SuperMax Blue
    Stirling Glacial Obsidian SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Anherb AS Conditioner :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen WH :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Fahrenheit EdT

I thought that today's shave was bone-chillingly cold and believe me, it was but it's nothing compared to what I've got planned for tomorrow morning. The Gatsby facial wash has more menthol than Proraso Green soap and cream, the Glacial Obsidian soap can freeze a penguin to death, and the Anherb conditioner keeps that chilliness going very nicely. The Glacial Wintergreen witch hazel definitely out-freezes the Rubby Dubby Doo. Hey, these SuperMax Blue blades are awesome! ;) :D

GDCarrington likes this.
  3. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

SOTD
    Menthol Monday, February 9, 2015

Hot-Warm Shower, Neutrogena Face wash, Stirling Soap - Bergamot Lavender

iKon 102 Slant w Triad Copper Handle

Gillette Silver Blue #1

Doug Korn Proto-type - Florescent Amber 2-band 27 X 49mm

Proraso Green +M Bomb :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:

Alum, Dickinson’s +Menthol, Gold Bond Green Lotion :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:

Proraso Aftershave Lotion + Menthol :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:

BB 1818

tue1-1.jpg :happy036:

4. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Gatsby Ice Cooling Gel Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Synergy Frost_byte SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Anherb AS Conditioner :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Osage Rub AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Fahrenheit EdT

Here's an ideal set-up which is perfect for any menthol freak who wants to go all-out and freeze his face off and enjoy himself. The Gatsby facial wash has a LOT of menthol in it, and it smells great, the Frost_byte soap has tons of rich, creamy, beautiful lather with a freezing sensation which is almost as strong as a Glacial soap, and the combination of the Anherb conditioner and the Rubby Dubby Doo can leave your face almost numb. ;) :D

GDCarrington likes this.
  5. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Tomorrow will be my first Menthol Monday. I am going to use Stirling Frozen Tundra and Proraso AS. I am looking forward to joining in on the fun.

Hodge, GDCarrington and crackstar like this.
  6. maliboy67

maliboy67 Well-Known Member

Menthol Monday:

Merkur 39c
    Blue Persona
    Home made cedar shave oil
    Green Proraso
    Omega boar brush
    Alcolado glacial
    All with cold water on a refreshing -30 morning

GDCarrington and crackstar like this.
  7. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

XVI February MMXV Shave

[​IMG]

crackstar likes this.
  8. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I had an off day today, so I didn't shave until this afternoon, but my Menthol Monday was great. I used my straight for the first pass and followed up with my TV Special. Nice and cold. The Frozen Tundra really chilled things out. I like the Proraso, and it is my daughters favorite of my AS, but I may need to find something with more menthol for future Menthol Monday's.

9. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Get your hands on a bottle of Osage Rub.

10. Porter

Porter Well-Known Member

Menthol Monday Feb 16th
    Prep: Hot water and Proraso Green Pre-shave
    Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable on 7
    Blade: Voshkod
    Brush: Plisson
    Soap: Soap Commander Vision
    Post: Home-mix aftershave (with some of The Rub mixed in). Oh and that weird looking clump in the aftershave is some shea butter I threw in there that hasn't dissolved yet. For now it just looks thoroughly unappealing.
    This was an inaugural shave for both the Plisson and Soap Commander. I was lucky enough to pick these up from someone in town, and used them pronto. SC Vision has a scent that's great to me, think lily-pads on cool water. Minty and fresh, with a little bit of light herbal/sweetness and a mild cooling. The plisson worked quite well also, a lot like my Muhle HJM but a little less backbone and more diameter (22mm vs 19mm) which I liked. Won't comment on other aspects of Soap Commander's performance until after I've got another couple shaves in, but so far I like it.
    SOTD.JPG

GDCarrington likes this.
  11. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Obsidian SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Osage Rub AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Fahrenheit EdT

If this set-up doesn't freeze a man's face off, then I give up. The Neutrogena face wash is so cold, especially if you wait a minute or two and the Glacial Obsidian soap is not only cold, it's downright frigid to the point where it feels like liquid nitrogen on your face, and the Anherb conditioner keeps that chilliness going with great soothing. Finally, the Rubby Dubby Doo hits you with its own special bone-chilling iciness. What a shave this is going to be! ;) :D

GDCarrington likes this.
  12. Porter

Porter Well-Known Member

Plan for today's menthol monday:
    Prep: Omega green pre-shave
    Brush: Plisson
    Blade: Dovo Best Quality 5/8
    Soap: Stirling Glacial Wintergreen
    I'm trying to conserve what's left of my glacial wintergreen, but today seemed like an appropriate use for it; It's going to be a cold one.

crackstar and GDCarrington like this.
  13. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

nivea men's face wash
    catie's bubbles mile high menthol
    ICED Barbasol pacific rush
    plenty cool for menthol Monday

crackstar and GDCarrington like this.
  14. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

XXIII February MMXV Shave

[​IMG]

15. Boojum1

SOTD
    Menthol Monday, February 23, 2015

Krampert's Frostbite Soap
    Whipped Dog Silvertip 30 X 50mm
    RazoRock Stainless Stealth Slant w Triad Copper Handle
    Gillette Silver Blue #5
    Krampert's Frostbite Aftershave

Nook.jpg

GDCarrington and crackstar like this.
  16. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Diana Sport Menthol Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen WH :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Fahrenheit EdT

After the intensely-cold and wonderful shave I had today I've selected a set-up which I believe is just as cold for tomorrow. The Neutrogena facial wash is nicely-scented, feels really chilly, and leaves the skin spotlessly-clean. The Glacial Lemon Chill soap smells like freshly-made lemonade and the menthol blast wallops you right away. The Diana Sport balm is almost as cold as the Glacial Wintergreen witch hazel, so you get the most potent freezing sensation possible. A new SuperMax Blue blade will give me a maximum BBS result! ;) :D

GDCarrington likes this.
  17. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

2 March 2015 Shave

[​IMG]

18. Boojum1

SOTD
    Menthol Monday, March 2, 2015

RazoRock Stainless Stealth Slant w UFO Titan Fine XL
    Rapira Platinum Lux #1
    Frank Shaving Pur-Tech Synthetic 28 X 54mm
    Palmolive Classic Shave Stick :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Dickinson's + Menthol :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Gold Bond Green Lotion :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Proraso Aftershave Lotion + Menthol :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:

IMG_1279.jpg :cool:

GDCarrington likes this.
  19. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

catie's bubbles mile high menthol
    ICED Barbasol pacific rush
    cool shave for menthol Monday

GDCarrington likes this.
  20. David Green

David Green Active Member

Just finished shaving with Stirling Frozen Tundra. Seems a bit colder than MITA IMHO. Great soap!

Ikon 102slant with a Rapira blade = DFS and BBS in most places

GDCarrington likes this.