Menthol Mondays!! WooHoo!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Dridecker, Mar 7, 2010.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

It was my pleasure to send it to you! :)

2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

27 April Shave

[​IMG]

3. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/new SuperMax Blue
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen AS Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen WH :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    YSL Pour Homme EdT

Now, how's that for a face-freezing set-up? The Glacial Wintergreen soap has that awesome scent which is so refreshing and invigorating - as my man Rod puts it, "This soap is like a punch in the face from a snowman. A snowman who just brushed his teeth!" I agree with him all the way. I'm still using a puck from one of his older batches, but it's excellent. Great lather with the renowned freezing sensation which hits HARD. The matching aftershave balm and witch hazel are definitely more intense than the Rubby Dubby Doo. ;) :D

4. vwp528

vwp528 Well-Known Member

4/27/2015 Menthol Monday!! Woo Hoo!!

Prep: Hot shower with Nivea Face Wash with menthol, home made PSO
    Razor: Gillette Slim (3), H. Boker Master Razor straight razor
    Blade: Astra SP (4)
    Brush: Turkish #6
    Soap: Stirling - Frozen Tundra
    After: Home made ASB, Osage Rub after shave
    Cologne: Cuir Cannage

It was a cold shave this morning. The #6 brush whipped up the Frozen Tundra into a cold, thick and slick lather. The Slim and the Boker did a fine job knocking down the stubble. The Osage Rub brought the arctic chill and the Cuir Cannage will have me smelling great all day.

Have a blessed day!

[​IMG]

Slow Joe, spacehobo, Jasman and 3 others like this.
  5. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Super Speed/new SuperMax Blue
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen AS Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen WH :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Chabrawichi 555 Cologne

Stirling Glacial Wintergreen all the way for today! ;) :D

6. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

4 May 2015 Shave of the Day

[​IMG]

7. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

menthol Monday
    I used
    C.O.Bigelow
    Osage rub
    very cool shave

8. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

SOTD
    Menthol Monday, May 4, 2015

1950 Gillette Super Speed
    Gillette Silver Blue #3
    Oscar11 Blue& White Omega Boar - 28X55mm

Krampert's Frostbite SS
    Krampert's Aftershave Lotion

Den.jpg

Attached Files:

• -1.jpg
      -1.jpg
      File size:
      7.6 KB
      Views:
  9. 2grubswrestle1

2grubswrestle1 Active Member

I used Soap Commander "Renewal" (Floral Fougere) with menthol shave soap & balm this morning......nice menthol kick but not too much. Really liking this scent!!

crackstar and Jasman like this.
  10. vwp528

vwp528 Well-Known Member

5/4/2015 Menthol Monday!! Woo Hoo!!

Prep: Hot shower with Neutrogena Face Wash with menthol, home made PSO
    Razor: Schick Eversharp, Friodur INOX straight razor
    Blade: Personna (2)
    Brush: Turkish #6
    Soap: Stirling - Frozen Tundra
    After: Home made ASB, Osage Rub after shave
    Cologne: Prada - Amber Pour Homme Intense

What a nice and cold shave! The stars must have been in alignment this morning. The #6 brush whipped the Frozen Tundra into a great lather. The Friodur and the Schick did a great job. The Osage Rub brought the arctic chill and the Prada will have me smelling great all day. All in all it was a Darn Fine Shave +.

Have a blessed day!

[​IMG]

11. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

12. Jamie Mahoney

Jamie Mahoney Well-Known Member

Ryujin Tamahagane Dragon God western style Kamisori grind
    Kanayama cordovan #8000
    Bill Jack Le Tuft custom Blue 8
    Catie's Bubbles Le Terre Verte
    Tom Ford Noir blam
    Dyptique Tam Dao Edp.

[​IMG]

crackstar, GDCarrington and Jasman like this.
  13. david of central florida

menthol Monday
    soap commander vision
    finished with
    ICED Skin Bracer
    pretty cool.......

crackstar and GDCarrington like this.
  14. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Super Speed/new Dorco
    Stirling Glacial Obsidian SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    YSL Pour Homme EdT

With this set-up a man is guaranteed to freeze his face off because every item is bone-chillingly cold. The Glacial Obsidian from Rod's new production is even more mentholated than previously, the lather is a joy to work up, and the scent is still the same, as well as the perfect skincare. I'll be taking the Glacial freeze up two steps with the Wintergreen balm and witch hazel. I'm curious to see how the Dorco works this week. ;) :D

GDCarrington likes this.
  15. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

No picture today.

SOTD 11 May 2014

Gillette Slim
    Rapira Platinum Lux
    Mentholated Vintage Williams
    Ever Ready C40 with TGN 3 Band Synthetic 24/53 mm Brush

crackstar likes this.
  16. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Super Speed/Derby day 3
    Stirling Glacial Lavender SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Chabrawichi 555 Cologne

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR-COLD and beautiful is the most accurate description of the shave I'm going to be getting. The Glacial Lavender soap is absolutely wonderful. Its scent is so nice, its lather explodes off my brush in seconds, and its menthol power pulverizes my face so hard, with the second pass feeling almost painfully-cold. The Glacial Wintergreen balm and witch hazel have such an awesome way of not only adding tons of extra freeze, but also soothing and moisturizing my skin. I'm loving the Derby blade! ;) :D

GDCarrington likes this.
  17. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

18 May Planned Shave

I will be working down the last of the Mentholated Vintage Williams so that I can start with a new batch.

[​IMG]

crackstar likes this.
  18. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

25 May 2015 - One last day with this setup (Menthol Monday).

[​IMG]

crackstar likes this.
  19. crackstar

OMG, the month of May is almost over and we're getting into summer!

Menthol Monday:

Super Speed/new Derby
    JHL Cologne

Now, this is what I call a perfect set-up for a Menthol Monday Shave. It's guaranteed to freeze a man's face off and then some! ;) :D

GDCarrington likes this.
  20. david of central florida

menthol Monday
    nivea men's
    Palmolive
    ICED Barbasol brisk
    very cool shave