Menthol Mondays!! WooHoo!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Dridecker, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

KMF 4-in-1 Mint
    Snakebite
    444 balm

GDCarrington and crackstar like this.
  2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Menthol Monday:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/new Derby
    Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Gold Bond Moisturizer :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Osage Rub AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Aramis EdT

Not as intensely cold a shave as my usual Menthol Monday mornings but still a very respectfully-cold shave. The MITA soap is something I've been neglecting lately, so I'll be going with it this time. It smells wonderful, it gives great rich, slick lather, and its menthol power is still pretty strong and enjoyable. I'll be getting additional cooling and soothing from the Gold Bond moisturizer, and the coldest part of this experience will be the Rubby Dubby Doo. I have a new Derby blade all set for action. :) :D

GDCarrington and Kilgore Trout like this.
  3. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Menthol Monday, June 1, 2015

Schick Injector I-1
    Personna 74 #2
    Doug Korn D-7 Ivory & Aqua Marine TGN Finest 27X48mm
    Krampert's - Frostbite
    Krampert's Aftershave - Frostbite

Mon.jpg

GDCarrington and Kilgore Trout like this.
  4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Shave for 1 June 2015 and Planned Shave for 2 June 2015

[​IMG]

5. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Super Speed/new Derby
    Stirling Glacial Spearmint SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Gold Bond Moisturizer :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Osage Rub AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Aramis EdT

Just thinking about this shave is enough to make me start feeling cold, because every item is darned chilly. The Neutrogena face wash has plenty of menthol in it, this newest version of Glacial Spearmint is a bona fide face-freezer with much better lather, as well as perfect skincare. The Gold Bond is also very icy and the Rubby Dubby Doo hits like ten tons of frigid bricks! ;) :D

GDCarrington likes this.
  6. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Shave for 7 June 2015 and Planned Shave for 8 June 2015

[​IMG]

7. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Super Speed/new Derby
    Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Aramis EdT

With these items a man is guaranteed to almost freeze to death because everything in this set-up is damned cold. The Glacial Lemon Chill is a brand-new puck and I did a test lather with it and got PERFECT results. The menthol effect is simply off the frigging charts - it really slams into you hard. The scent of this soap is so delightful and refreshing as well, and I might add that I never had such great skincare from any other lemony-scented soap or cream. The Gold Bond/Rubby Dubby Doo combo are wicked and wonderful! :) :D

clint64 and GDCarrington like this.
  8. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Super Speed/Derby day 6
    Stirling Glacial Spearmint SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Alcolado Glacial Menthol Splash :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Old Spice Cologne

It's hard to find a better face-freezing selection than this one, my friends! ;) :D

GDCarrington likes this.
  9. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Shaving plan for 6 July

[​IMG]

10. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Super Speed/Derby day 6
    Stirling Glacial Obsidian SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Chabrawichi 555 Cologne

Glacial Obsidian soap + Rubby Dubby Doo = a HELL of a face-freezing and wonderful shave! ;) :D

GDCarrington likes this.
  11. Boojum1

Menthol Monday
    July 6, 2015

Mongoose Shave #10
    Shower, Mystic Water Soap-Yemaya, Neutrogena Face Wash
    B-3 Mongoose with UFO Red Bronze
    Feather Professional #3
    Doug Korn Prototype Florescent Amber 2 Band
    Proraso Green Tub
    Alum Block, Dickinson’s +Menthol, Gold Bond Green Lotion
    Chilled Proraso Aftershave Lotion

Three1.jpg

GDCarrington likes this.
  12. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Shave for 13 and 14 July

[​IMG]

13. Boojum1

Menthol Monday, July 13, 2015
    Mongoose Shave #14

Shower, Mystic Water Bath Soap Yemaya, Neutrogena Face Wash
    B-3 Mongoose with Triad Helix Hex TI
    Feather Professional #7
    Druida Aluminum Chubby Manchurian
    Krampert’s Frostbite SS
    Alum Block, Dickinson’s +Menthol, Unrefined Shea Butter
    Krampert’s Frostbite Aftershave

Today’s shave, two passes XTG-AGT plus clean up, was BBS. Shave #7 for the Feather Pro blade was still very smooth. Druida’s knot held enough lather for more passes. Krampert’s Frostbite was thick, slick, and minty. Krampert’s Frostbite aftershave left my face ice cold and my eyes watering.
    Hope everyone had a frosty Menthol Monday.

Seven2.jpg

dscaver and GDCarrington like this.
  14. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I liked this so much this morning that I will repeat it for 20 July 2015 Menthol Monday!

[​IMG]

dscaver likes this.
  15. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Nice photo. I'm just curious/nosey.
    What are those things in the background?

16. Boojum1

That's my Zen Garden. :)

GDCarrington likes this.
  17. Boojum1

Menthol Monday, July 20, 2015
    Day 18 with the Mongoose

Shower, Dove Soap, Neutrogena Face Wash
    B-3 Mongoose with Triad Helix Hex TI
    Feather ProGuard #2
    Paladin PK-47 Butterscotch Marble Two Band 26X47mm
    Stirling Soap Co. Margarita’s in the Arctic
    Alum Block, Dickinson’s ++Menthol, Unrefined Shea Butter
    Kramperts Frostbite Aftershave
    Brooks Brothers 1818

Late shave Sunday night. This is the second shave with the Feather ProGuard (FPG) blade. Initially I thought the FPG was sharper than the Feather Professional (FP) blade. Perhaps not sharper but maybe more aggressive, or my blade memory is short. The true test will be the blade’s longevity. So far the FP went 9 shaves, the Kai Mild 7. The Paladin P-47 Butterscotch Marble Brush generated enough lather for 4 or 5 passes. This Paladin has the same two-band badger hair as the TSN LE Paladin, however it has a denser knot and a shorter Loft (47mm) giving it more backbone while maintaining substantial splay and a slight scritch. It holds lather very well and has excellent flow through. Stirling MITA’s first time out the gate, using a Modified Marco Lathering Method suggested by @ram57, generated a creamy slick lather that chilled my face with decent moisturizing. Mmmmmm, Finished with a healthy splash of Krampert’s Frostbite After Shave. I’m hooked, on good smelling & COLD!

Mon1.jpg

GDCarrington and dscaver like this.
  18. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

27 July 2015

[​IMG]

19. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Super Speed/Derby day 6
    Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen AS Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen WH :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Old Spice Cologne

Super-strong menthol all the way - as I've said so many times in the past, the Glacial soaps and aftershave products are only for guys who can handle an intense freezing sensation! ;) :D

20. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

nivea men's
    mile high menthol
    ICED Barbasol Pacific rush
    pretty cold