Menthol Mondays!! WooHoo!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Dridecker, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Well, maybe I'll look into these OTC testosterone treatments.:(

crackstar likes this.
  2. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

:signs011:

SHAVEWIZARD420 likes this.
  3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

For September 28th:

Razor - Schick G
    Brush - Modified Made Rite w/21 mm Mystery Badger Knot
    Blade - 1960s Vintage Personna Vydax Coated Stainless
    Soap - Mentolated Vintage Willams

[​IMG]

Cry - Johnnie Ray & The Four Lads 1952

Jayaruh and SHAVEWIZARD420 like this.
  4. Boojum1

Menthol Monday, September 28, 2015

B-3 Mongoose with Triad Ti Helix Hex
    Feather Pro #4
    Varlet Beehive Badger 24 X 50mm
    Krampert’s Frostbite Soap
    Alum, Dickinson’s ++Menthol, Gold Bond Green Lotion
    Krampert’s Frostbite Aftershave

M3.jpg

Hodge, Jayaruh and SHAVEWIZARD420 like this.
  5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Menthol Monday:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/new Derby
    Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen AS Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Barrister & Mann Arctique AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Drakkar Noir EdT

The big freeze for me tomorrow from A-Z! ;) :D

Jayaruh and SHAVEWIZARD420 like this.
  6. crackstar

Menthol Monday!

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Super Speed/new Derby
    Stirling Glacial Obsidian SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Obsidian AS Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Barrister & Mann Arctique AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055::Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:

With this selection, a bone-chillingly cold shave is guaranteed. Once again an important heads-up to anyone who's as gutsy as I am. (or crazy like I am!) The Glacial Obsidian soap is like ALL Glacial soaps in the sense that they have extremely potent menthol. These soaps, in conjunction with their matching balms or aftershaves can be frigid to the point where anyone with sensitive skin will feel uncomfortable. The Arctique aftershave MUST be used very carefully - just a SMALL dab on both cheeks and around the neck because the menthol sensation is so intense that it can make your eyes tear and your nose run for hours, not to mention that it feels worse than liquid nitrogen on your skin. NEVER splash it on liberally, because you will suffer and I mean SUFFER. ;) :D

7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Hi Bill....I'll be set to do that beginning next May-that is when it begins to get warm around here. I have Osage and Booster on my mind.

8. Boojum1

Menthol Monday
    October 5, 2015

Gillette Rocket
    BIC Chrome Platinum #2
    Simpson Classic 2
    Palmolive Classic Shave Stick
    Alum, Dickinson's +++Menthol, Gold Bond Green Lotion
    TOBS Jermyn St. Aftershave
    Brooks Brothers 1818

Today was the closest road shave I've had thanks to the Gillette Rocket. Taking a break from the 30 day OC focus. A BBS on a three pass shave. I'm refreshed and ready for a day with Southwest Airlines. Palmolive Classic Shave Stick is a travelers best friend. Face lathered with the Classic 2 is my favorite travel brush. The sun as made an appearance today for the first time on this trip. The Right Coast is wet and very soggy. Can't wait to get back to the Desert.

Tr1(1).jpg

Hodge, crackstar and clint64 like this.
  9. Boojum1

Columbus Day Shave
    Menthol Monday, October 12, 2015

Mongoose with Triad Ti Helix Hex
    Feather Pro #2
    Druida Barber Pole Manchurian
    TSD 2X Iced Barber Shoppe :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Alum, Witch Hazel +++Menthol, Cucumber Melon Whipped Shea Butter
    Proraso Aftershave ++Menthol:Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:

image.jpeg

10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Great brush!!!

Boojum1 likes this.
  11. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Super Speed/new Derby
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen AS Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Barrister & Mann Arctique AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Aramis EdT

Oh boy, anyone who's a menthol maniac like me would love this set-up. The Glacial Wintergreen soap is the ticket for you if you want to freeze and get wonderful lather with awesome skincare and protection against dryness and irritation. The matching balm feels the same way and does it ever moisturize well. Barrister & Mann created an aftershave which could well be the coldest ever on Planet Earth - the Arctique has a menthol effect which I can only handle once a week! ;) :D

Boojum1 and wmbjr like this.
  12. wmbjr

wmbjr Duck, duck, cooked goose!

October 12 (Menthol Monday)

Razor – Cadet Open Comb
    Blade – Voskhod
    Brush – VDH Boar
    Soap – Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Post - Cold Water Splash, Witch hazel m-bombed, TSD ISZ:Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    [​IMG]

Boojum1 likes this.
  13. Boojum1

:thanks:

Paul Turner likes this.
  14. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

12 October 2015

30 Days with a FB
    Menthol Monday Edition

image.jpeg

1959 Gillette Fat Boy
    Wilkinson Sword (1)
    Stirling Glacial Obsidian
    L'Occitane Plisson Synthetic
    TSD ISZ AS Splash under Osage Rub

Have a terrific Tuesday!
    :)

Boojum1, wmbjr and crackstar like this.
  15. crackstar

Mama mia - that's a COLD set-up! ;)

wmbjr and Bama Samurai like this.
  16. Bama Samurai

I knew you'd understand! I don't always do menthol Monday, but decided either all the way or not at all!

crackstar likes this.
  17. crackstar

DSC_1154-001_1024x1024.jpg ltdisappearingcream_grande.jpg Glacial_Lemon_Chill__58795_1434570594_800_800.jpg Menthol Monday:

Super Speed/new Derby
    Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Lucky Tiger AS Cream :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Aramis EdT

Just thinking about this set-up gives me the shivers because it's so damned frigid and eye-tearing, especially the Glacial Lemon Chill soap and the Arctique aftershave. It takes a real Man of Menthol to be able to handle stuff like this, believe me! ;) :D

Bama Samurai likes this.
  18. Boojum1

Menthol Monday, October 19, 2015

iKon OC DLC with Black Mamba Handle
    Feather #2
    Druida Robo Brush 28 X 52mm
    Sterling Soap Co. Margaritas In The Arctic
    Cucumber Melon Whipped Shea Butter
    Myrsol Metilsol Aftershave

M1.jpg

crackstar and Bama Samurai like this.
  19. crackstar

Menthol Monday:

Super Speed/new Derby
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Acqua di Selva Cologne

There's nothing like a mega-freeze to start off a new shaving week and the Glacial Wintergreen trio is just the right ticket! ;) :D

glacial-wintergreen_1__33741_1406660934_800_800.jpg Glacial_Wintergreen_PSB__55419_1433782657_800_800.jpg glacial_-_wintergreen_wha_250__77335_1406660937_800_800.jpg

Bama Samurai likes this.
  20. Bama Samurai

Planned Menthol Monday - 26 October 2015

image.jpeg

Have a great week!​

Boojum1 and crackstar like this.