Menthol Mondays!! WooHoo!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Dridecker, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Menthol Monday, August 8, 2016

Wolfman WR1- OC with UFO Colibri
    Feather #2
    Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
    Nuavia Verde
    Witch Hazel
    Chatillon Lux Colbeck

[​IMG]

RyX, PLAla, ob1page and 2 others like this.
  2. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Menthol Monday, August 15, 2016

The OneBlade
    GEM SSC #2
    Shavemac 400 Silvertip Two Band
    Route 66 Frozen Margarita
    M-Bombed Witch Hazel
    Gold Bond Green Lotion
    Chatillon Lux Colbeck

[​IMG]

3. RyX

RyX DoH!

SOTD 08152016.gif
    Ben @ob1page mentioned this combination of Osage Rub & Florida Water. I like it!
    Chris @Bama Samurai brought the Barbasol to my attention. Good stuff!
    Tom @twhite is a Wizard at bringing an Idea into Reality, then finding ways to improve on that! ( This may be the only B-V3.1 so far...)

4. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

To say I'm jealous of your B-V3.1 is an understatement. I'm glad the combo worked for you, it's a favorite of mine.

RyX likes this.
  5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

A very good and refreshing BBS shave with the Fatboy and Voskhod blade, FS Badger Brush, Menthol PSO, Proraso Green, Witch Hazel and Menthol Orange AS. IMG_0660.jpg

Norcalnewb and ob1page like this.
  6. jimjo1031

Schick E with Personna blade, FS Badger Brush, Menthol PSO, Proraso Green Soap, Witch Hazel and Orange Menthol AS. A great BBS shave. IMG_0669.jpg

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  7. jimjo1031

Gillette Fatboy and Rapira SS for a great BBS shave with Proraso Green whipped to an excellent lather from the FS Badger Brush. IMG_0689.jpg .

8. jimjo1031

Black Beauty, Lab Blue, FDR Boar brush, Menthol PSO, Orange Menthol soap and Aqua Velva AS for a very nice and comfortable BBS shave. IMG_0701.jpg

9. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

10. jimjo1031

Three passes and a great BBS shave with the Slim and Lab Blue. IMG_0721.jpg

11. jimjo1031

A great BBS shave from the British Slim Twist and Personna Blade. IMG_0739.jpg

12. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Menthol Monday:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
    Parker R22/new Astra
    Stirling Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo S/S :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Diana Menthol Balm :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Barrister & Mann Arctique A/S Splash :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui EdT

What a wonderful, super-frigid shave this was. Unfortunately for me my Glacial soaps are winding down and I'm short on dough so I'll be using them only once a week until I can buy some more. It's my fault because I was using them all summer, practically non-stop. This Eskimo Tuxedo is in a class by itself. It's so easy to lather, it gives you the gorgeous Sharp Dressed Man scent, and it's easily a match for the Chiseled Man Cryogen soap when it comes to menthol power. The Diana balm is also loaded to the brim with menthol, it's very moisturizing, soothing, and protective against dryness or irritation. The Arctique goes on so bitterly-cold that just a SMALL amount is required! ;) :D

DSC_1341_large.jpg 81zBq9KTQ8L._SX522_.jpg 20160327_132642%20(2).jpg 230b27df1f65d2eac8a80be74da70d37.jpg DSC_1154-001_1024x1024.jpg

13. RyX

RyX DoH!

SOTD 09192016.gif
    Northern Hemisphere FALL EQUINOX September 22, 10:21 A.M. EDT.
    Plenty of warm weather still to come here on the South Coast of 'Merica.

mrchick, ob1page and jimjo1031 like this.
  14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

love the cap on the AV :).

RyX likes this.
  15. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Men-thol Mondayyy
    Can't Trust That Day
    Men-thol Monday
    I guess it just had to
    Turn out that WWWWWAAAAAy-YEAH

ob1page likes this.
  16. RyX

RyX DoH!

The cap says,"McIlhenny" and is from a bottle of Tabasco sauce. I keep the caps from any products I have used up, sometimes they fit. Fortunately this old glass bottle and a new cap have Imperial threads. So many suppliers are switching to Metric, but I have those too. I find odd old bottles in thrift or antique stores for a buck or two. Look for the ones with restricted openings around 1/8 or 3/16 inches across. My mother is a catalogue fiend, ordered me a set of perfume funnels that fit just right for decanting out of plastic bottles. Many labels can be reused by filling the empty plastic bottle with water and gently microwaving until the glue softens.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  17. jimjo1031

Got a great BBS shave for the first time using a Gem SE. This one with the Push Button and Personna Gem blade. IMG_0767.jpg

ob1page likes this.
  18. jimjo1031

Pal Adjustable delivered a great three pass BBS shave today. IMG_0787.jpg

ob1page and Norcalnewb like this.
  19. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

IMG_4191.JPG

October 3 SOTD:

Stirling Synthetic Brush
    Stirling Frozen Tundra
    Gillette Rocket