Merkur Futur Clone....My thoughts.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Rich Daverson, Apr 8, 2017.

1. wasson

wasson New Member

True, the patent is expired--I should have stated it that way. In other words, there was no copyright issue as some claim, and it is a clone, not a knock off like a fake rolex.

RyX, jmudrick and sky pilot 83 like this.
  2. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

There are some who object to the word clone and claim it's an inferior copy but I've yet to see anything backing up those assertions. I don't consider the lesser weight necessarily conclusive. Merkur , for example, has gone back and forth between metal and plastic in the Progress construction and i don't think those changes were indicative of anything significant.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 24, 2017
    RyX likes this.
  3. sky pilot 83

sky pilot 83 Active Member

My friend dustin shaved with my clone last night. He held it and said "dang that's heavy"... Lol it's a lightweight inferior copy. A few grams lighter only because the handle is a tad skinnier. Nothing to do with quality. The skinnier handle took off a few grams. That's all.

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

RyX, Linuxguile and jmudrick like this.
  4. MetalHead88

MetalHead88 Well-Known Member

I noticed today that the clone that I recieved about a year ago is definitely different than the ones going around today.

I forgot what they were calling it, but it was about 20 bucks and there was no info on it anywhere. I bought it just out of curiosity.

My clone is heavier. It's almost 5 ounces, is black, and has some grooves on the bottom of the handle and is extremely aggressive even at setting 1. The adjustment mechanism is different than the real future and seems a little cheap. It's pretty hard to spin and will go lower than 1 and way past 6. With some patience it's a great shaver. Aggressive as hell though.

I was gonna wait to see what I got from uncle ding, but since I'm pretty positive that I won't receive a clone I put in another order on AliExpress. I have a feeling this one will be better than the one I have. I'm perfectly happy with my original purchase still.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

jimjo1031, AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  5. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

There was the NT Vigour which came in black and gold. Going back to 2013 there was the one sold by Shaveabuck, not sure if that was the same as the NT, but it weighed in at a WTF 150g.

RyX and AGHisBBS like this.
  6. MetalHead88

MetalHead88 Well-Known Member

Yeah that's it!!! The nt vigour is the one I have. And yes. I get a workout in when I use it haha.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

RyX and jmudrick like this.
  7. MObigfoot

MObigfoot Active Member

Yes that is correct.

8. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

This ^^^, one hundred times.

jmudrick likes this.
  9. EnglishChannel

EnglishChannel Well-Known Member

I think that keeping the product AND keeping the refund is like eating the entire meal at a restaurant, and then complaining that it was not what you ordered.

If the refund was for the full $ amount, you are only put out for the time you spent. I would leave a neutral or mildly positive review, describing the mix up, and the remedy offered.

Then others can see what happened and take the path of their own choice re: the vendor.

10. sky pilot 83

That's a totally illogical statement from the get go. Your statement would only be correct if the order was right in the first place. But you violated both the second and third laws of logic. You applied a true statement to a completely different context scenario thus making the true statement a wrong one (the law of excluded middle is at this point encroached). And the law of identity, you see while some razors were indeed ordered, the wrong ones were sent, purposefully. We're all willing to waste even more time shipping them back, but only if they provide the shipping labels. Nobody here was happy with what was ordered. Nobody here wanted the nanjie razors, we wanted futur clones, we paid for futur clones, we were sent nanjie tto...

Here's a logical statement "wow, so you, being a Jew, you ordered the double cheeseburger and them knowing you're a Jew had sent you a double bacon cheeseburger instead, so you complained to the manager and your meal was comped, and you never even received an apology? That's not very good service".
    That's closer to what happened than what you said.

11. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Of course, being a good Jew, you wound not have mixed meat and milk by ordering a cheeseburger in the first place. :)

Bussemand, DaltonGang and Primotenore like this.
  12. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

I've, unfortunately, known people who would do that in a restaurant- eat most of the meal, then find an issue and expect to get it taken off the bill.

I think the issue is more one of *expecting* to be able to keep the wrong item.

Personally, I'm not in favor of giving negative feedback unless there are real issues with the entire transaction, including the refund. In this case especially, I'm not inclined to want to punish Uncle Ding and the others for what was probably an error (or B&S) by some backend provider that they have no control over... at least as long as the seller makes good in some fashion. I do agree that some kind of note in the feedback is warranted, though, as a potential warning to others.

As for me, I haven't done anything yet as I have still received nothing.

RyX and Primotenore like this.
  13. sky pilot 83

Goat cheese or vegan cheese is fine. And technically regular cheese is ok too, it's the hedge laws that weren't scriptural that added a restriction of cheese. And as a good jew, all foods are edible because Jesus the messiah has come. But that's another topic.

jimjo1031 and John Ruschmeyer like this.
  14. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Vegan cheese is never fine.

15. sky pilot 83

Ok... Dietarily acceptable then...

jmudrick likes this.
  16. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I love Feta cheese.............

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  17. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    My Paleo lifestyle eschews all dairy...:)

DaltonGang likes this.
  18. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

It might have been BS, but I'm not willing to excuse them by blaming the back end provider. They put up the description of "adjustable razor", as well as photos of the Ming Shi. If they were incapable of making sure that that was what they were shipping, they shouldn't be drop shipping at all.

If they'd said "Send the items back, here's a shipping label", they'd have been in a bag and off and running in minutes. I waited four days for a response without even opening the razor boxes, specifically so they could go back if requested.

Keep in mind - for mine, they not only shipped the wrong item, they shipped the wrong _number_ of items.

Also, I had a seller, supposedly from the Philippines, and a package from China. That means that the _seller_ was a Chinese seller, and I consider that fraud.

RyX, DanielB and sky pilot 83 like this.
  19. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Enjoying your grubs? The Paleo "diet" is a crock of crap. Before we, as a species, started moving vegetables around the world, there wasn't a good solid base of 'nice things' to eat. It's hard to determine what started where, in many cases. We have vegetables that moved from the Far East and India to Europe, and vice versa. We can definitely say that tomatoes and potatoes are 'New World vegetables, and those are absolute staples in Europe (and possibly world wide) now.

If you want to know what you'd be eating as a 'paleolithic' tribesman, go talk to some of the tribes in extremely rural Africa. They have short lives, and nutritional deficiencies.

DaltonGang likes this.
  20. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Well, I am not trying to convert you. It was a light-hearted post. Not meant to enflame. :signs002:

DaltonGang and RyX like this.