Merkur Futur Clone....My thoughts.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Rich Daverson, Apr 8, 2017.

1. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I like Arko.:D :scared003::scared003::scared003:

dustmite and RyX like this.
  2. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I guess it's a hot button of mine. Being in computers, I have to think linearly (I can't say logically, because most of the programming is pretty terrible), and seeing the constant bombardment of different kinds of diets just makes me want to smack people. I wouldn't have any more of a problem with the "Paleo" diet, except for the fact that it's _deliberately_ wrongly named and constructed. That grates on me like nails on slate. If you don't know anything about "Paleolithic" society, why are you naming a diet after them :)

I mean, even Jurassic Park gets my goat. (for one thing, it should have been Triassic, if I remember correctly)

It's not you, and I apologize.

Tdmsu, Primotenore and RyX like this.
  3. Bookworm

Ahh. so YOU are trying to enflame.

I like Williams.

RyX and DaltonGang like this.
  4. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

That's it, you just went too far.
    En garde. :duel:

5. dkeester

dkeester Well-Known Member

I now have a strong desire to grate a puck of Williams and a stick of Arko together into a dish. I could call the resulting Franken-soap "Wilko."

dustmite, RyX, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  6. Bookworm

Roger, Roger.

RyX likes this.
  7. Bookworm

Touchy, Touchy....

DaltonGang likes this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

Have you tried a couple drops of The Veg in your Williams lather? It also works with Arko!
    Thread derailed.jpg

Tdmsu and jmudrick like this.
  9. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Thanks. It's all good.

RyX likes this.
  10. Bookworm

Nope, never added anything to my Wiko, or my Arilliams. Hey, after 17 pages, where not everyone has gotten their Nanji yet, what do you expect?

11. RyX

RyX DoH!

When I placed my order on the first of the month, I expected a Clone. As the 15th - 30th delivery window reaches the end and no package yet... I still hope for a Clone, but expect an Nanji.

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

12. Bookworm

I'm surprised, aren't you toptop14 as well? I got mine on Friday, I think.

13. RyX

RyX DoH!

I'm in Louisiana, where Napoleonic Law still prevails. All mail, including if I send a letter to my neighbor across the street goes to Baton Rouge to be sorted, then back to the local facility for delivery.

14. MObigfoot

MObigfoot Active Member

My $3 clone is still MIA but my $6.98 QShave clone arrived a couple of days ago from AliExpress after only 2 weeks. It is really is well built and well packaged. It shaves nice too.

I am going to order more to give to new DE shavers as I think they would work well for them set at <=1.5 I will be ordering a clone razor stand for $5 to go with myQShave.

stand.jpg

DaltonGang, Jim99, AGHisBBS and 5 others like this.
  15. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Well, it's official... Uncle Ding has also sent me an Nanjie razor.

Next stop, eBay to complain.

AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  16. Sammy1

Sammy1 Active Member

I got my order from Toptop14, I ordered 3 of the clones and received 2 of the cheap Nanji razors. Complete junk and 1 less than I ordered. I got my refund through Paypal and mentioned that others were having this issue, there were at least six negative feed backs as I type this including mine. The question I have is did anyone actually receive the clones that were originally shown? I did receive a Qshave from Aliexpress for $6.31 and seems to be a very nice razor.
    Since they not only shipped the wrong item, they shipped the wrong _number_ of items, I left a negative feedback and mentioned others have and will leave more negative feedbacks.

RyX likes this.
  17. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Your order was short, but your refund was full. They didn't want you to return what you recieved. Seems your ahead of the game, and you complained?
    I don't see, but it's really not my business.

18. RyX

RyX DoH!

I'm a tiptop customer, too. Still haven't received. Talked to the USPS gentleman filling in for the regular route runner. He said Monday is a big package delivery day. Mine could be setting, waiting. Schrödinger's Razor until I open the box, but it's not looking good. I have hope, but low expectations.

AGHisBBS and Linuxguile like this.
  19. Bookworm

Interesting how you had the exact experience that I did. Ordered 3 clones, received 2 Nanji. I wonder if the shipper had some sort of '2 razor limit'

Linuxguile likes this.
  20. Bookworm

"Oh, you've been waiting for an hour to receive your hamburger and fries, and we gave you a bag of haggis chips? Here's your money back. Have a nice day"
    Right, like YOU wouldn't have grounds to complain?

You keep thinking that there's no loss. There is. There's time, there's frustration, and there's money. During that period of time, that money that I sent through PayPal was NOT available for other tasks. It may not be much, but the principle is the same if it was 5 dollars or 5,000,000 dollars. Thirty some days without the money, or the product I purchased.

Linuxguile, RyX and DaltonGang like this.