Merkur Futur Clone....My thoughts.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Rich Daverson, Apr 8, 2017.

1. ninjack

ninjack Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'll do the same.

2. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I'm feeling like it was worth the extra $3 (with tracking) ordering direct from QShave in Shenzen. Just sayin'.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

RyX and ninjack like this.
  3. drwevil

drwevil Well-Known Member

One of the guy further up received what he ordered even tho the picture changed.
    I still have hope.
    It doesn't make sense for a seller with 60000 feedback to pull this sort of scam as they would risk having their PayPal account frozen and they would be unable to get at their funds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

That center set of images is pulled from a separate machine. It's not part of the ebay listing itself. That's why even the 'this is your listing' shows the new stuff. If you scroll to the bottom, past that, the original ebay listing photos will appear.

5. ninjack

Yeah, it does. I didn't think I was that careless when I made the order, but I couldn't remember. So the original listing did show pictures of the futur clone in the description area. Still not confident about it though.

RyX likes this.
  6. Bookworm

Well, mine are supposed to show up sometime between today and the 26th, so we'll see.

RyX, AGHisBBS and ninjack like this.
  7. MObigfoot

MObigfoot Active Member

I had the same thing happen only my seller is @looks814. The original photo was a Future clone but now when I go to the description it is a TTO. I also have one described as a QShave coming from AliExpress.

ninjack likes this.
  8. Bookworm

I suspect that most of those sellers are the -same- seller. E-Bay puts little to no effort into policing foreign accounts. By the sellers doing that, they can spread the risk of having their Paypal accounts frozen, as well as see what pricing strategy works best for different products. (buy it now, auction, free shipping, etc)

RyX and jmudrick like this.
  9. MetalHead88

MetalHead88 Well-Known Member

Uncle D got back to me.

In bad English he pretty much said Don't worry - you'll receive the item that you ordered. If you happen to receive something different he'll offer a suitable solution.

So I think it looks good still.

On a lighter note, ItalianBarber is selling these guys now as well for $10. So worth it at that price. And the quality control will surely be on par with the rest of their products.

Tiredricefarmer, RyX and ninjack like this.
  10. ninjack

Well I will breath a little easier for now. I wasn't in a big hurry to get it before, since I have a Merkur Futur, but now I'm not 100% sure about what will show up, I'm anxious for it to show up.

RyX likes this.
  11. MetalHead88

Yeah. Ive felt that way so many times before after purchasing items from China. It might take awhile, but you'll get the item or your money back eventually.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

12. RyX

RyX DoH!

Wow... I did see the "The ad has changed" notice, but I assumed they had corrected the Mental razor spelling or some such error.
    My ETA ; 15th - 30th. Wait and see.

ninjack likes this.
  13. Bookworm

Yeah, but I thought I'd better give some warning when I noticed. The picture changed within one reload, when I was tracking a package.

ninjack and RyX like this.
  14. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Here's the message that I just received from Uncle Ding...

"Dear buyer:
    thank you for your msg.
    could i ccancel the order to you or do you have another better idea ?
    looking forward to you reply.
    TKS!"

How do you think I responded?

15. MetalHead88

Well what did you say to him??

Seems like an odd response. Just let him know you'd like the item that you ordered - the adjustable razor.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

RyX and Jim99 like this.
  16. drwevil

drwevil Well-Known Member

I heard back from my seller they assured me the merkur clone was sent and if by chance the wrong razors show up then the will compensate me.
    Failing that there is a PayPal dispute and as they haven't supplied a tracking number in any dispute There won't be an issue.
    And if that fails it's only $10 for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim99 likes this.
  17. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I bought one of these, an NT Vigour, maybe a year and a half ago or so. That was back when $25 seemed like a bargain for one. It is an excellent razor, with even alignments and smooth adjusting. It has been quite some time since I had an actual Futur, but Other than it being black, I sure couldn't tell a difference.

RyX and Jim99 like this.
  18. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I told him that if he did not send the Merkur clone, then I want a refund. He already replied back to me and stated he will process the refund.

I guess they had some small number of the clones and quickly sold out. They never took down the listing, continued to receive orders and then substituted the TTO.

I am disappointed with how it turned out, but I am hoping the $2.96 will make its way back to me. As for whatever razor he actually sent to me, I'll either use it as my travel razor or I'll PIF it.

:sad024:

RyX likes this.
  19. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

This is the message I got when I asked about which razor was sent to me........

Dear buyer:
    thank you for your msg.
    please don't worry and although the picture has change ,but you will receibe the origianl item .
    could you wait patiently .
    have a nice day.
    TKS!

ninjack, RyX and Jim99 like this.
  20. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Jim, who's the seller on yours? I see that Uncle Ding already has a couple of negative reviews on eBay due to the swap.

RyX and jimjo1031 like this.