Merkur Futur...In OKC!!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by cohiba, Aug 6, 2011.

1. cohiba

cohiba Member

Hey All,

I'm sure...No, I know the Merkur Futur has been mentioned a million times!! Well, here goes one more!!

Here in North Oklahoma City is a shave shop I frequent. I frequent this board and others about shaving. Well, I 'm so glad OKC has a cool shave shop, I like to give the hometown guy my business.

A few months ago (when I got into this) I bought a beginner Parker DE razor. After reading on here and Badger & Blade the pro's of the Merkur Futur, I had to have one!!

So, I went to The Shave Shop in North OKC and bought one!!! NICE!! Love it, just not real fond of the Merkur razor that came with it. I can't wait to try some Shark and Feather blades in it!!

**I really like this site and the wealth of information it has!! I share it with any and all in Oklahoma who like shaving!! Thank you for a great website!!***

Cohiba

2. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Cool! Maybe they will start stocking even more stuff now.

3. MRast01

MRast01 Well-Known Member

That's awesome. We keep spreading the word, and maybe more shops like that will keep popping up.

4. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

I really hope so. I wish there were more like that in my neck of the woods.

Congrats on finding a great razor. I also find the Merkur blades to not be the best.

5. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

That's great that you have a shave shop so close to you. You never know what blades will or won't work for you. Pick up a sampler pack of blades and give a bunch a try to see what works well in the Futur for you.

6. cohiba

cohiba Member

I'm a total newbie at this, but from what I have read on tbis site, the Futur is a great razor.

7. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

I love mine. It's fantastic and I would recommend one to anyone.

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Yup.

9. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

I second that commotion! I use my Futur most of the time. Excellent razor!

10. Tuco

Tuco Member

Awesome. The Futur is one of my favorite razors.