Merkur Futur Razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Tim Spencer, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

@jered6323 - you might want to just stick with it. Remember that you'll get it a LOT faster than the rest of us will. You're paying for convenience and speed, not the razor.

Tiredricefarmer likes this.
  2. ninjack

ninjack Well-Known Member

Same here. My order shows to have shipped, but no tracking number. I figure its worth the gamble. Should know in a few weeks anyway.

3. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I agree - very sharp blades, like Feathers, or even Personna Lab Blue, do not shave comfortably in the Futur for me. Voskhod and Astra SP do very well. I have never gotten a good shave from a Derby, however, ymmv.

4. jered6323

jered6323 Member

I got mine from Amazon on Saturday, and so far I'm 2 shaves in - one Sunday night, and one tonight. The difference is amazing. I'm only on setting 1, but it's world's better than what I had been using. On setting 1, the angle is almost foolproof, too steep or too shallow and it will not cut at all. Also, it has cut down significantly on post shave irritation and razor burn.

[​IMG]

RyX and Linuxguile like this.
  5. LKLive13

LKLive13 Well-Known Member

Got myself a clone coming for $2.95! After reading this thread I have to see what all the talk is about for that price!

RyX and ninjack like this.
  6. Shave7

Shave7 Active Member

Good luck, LKLive13, and I wish you well on your purchase.

Just remember that usually we receive what we pay for.

7. LKLive13

LKLive13 Well-Known Member

If it works half as good as others here have said it will be a win at $3. lol I couldn't pass it up

RyX likes this.
  8. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Well, for $3.17 cents, I managed to get two straights... Mind you, I don't think that anyone will have to spend very long honing the clone :p

RyX likes this.
  9. ninjack and RyX like this.