Merkur Futur Users

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Nolan1982, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Nolan1982

Nolan1982 Member

So I'm new to this site and was curious if any Merkur Futur users ever experienced the head piece (that mounts into spring bars) 'wobble' If I place my index and thumb on top as if to access area where blade sits, and turn from side to side, it moves. I would think this fit should be tight. By not being tight, it means part of the double edge blade is hitting your skin while part is missing. Does this make sense? Any advise is greatly appreciated!

2. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

That is interesting. The top piece normally should 'snap' into place without much play. The spring tension help keep the top cap secure with minimal movement.
    I do know that care must be taken when 'dialing' the head to another setting IF a blade is already loaded. The risk of slicing one's finger on the exposed blade edge is there, particularly if one's hands or razor is wet. I will normally adjust the razor empty, or cover the head with a washcloth if a blade is in.

Here is a helpful video that explains how the razor disassembles into 3 parts and how it should be assembled. Disassembly & reassembly @ the 7:00-9:00 minute mark:

Bristle Me likes this.
  3. Nolan1982

Nolan1982 Member

Thank you. I must have missed something last time i tool it apart to clean spring. All seems well. I noticed that reversing the spring actually made a difference

Bristle Me likes this.