Mike's Natural Soaps

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by 2005xfr, Mar 25, 2012.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

http://www.mysticwatersoap.com/

I've never dealt with them, but they get some good press over at the other site. Oh, and IIRC, there is no on-line shopping as of yet.

2. 2005xfr

2005xfr Active Member

3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

4. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Very kind of you, Oscar. I have a tub of MW Marrakesh right now and the Mike's soap shipped today so I should know soon. Wondered what you thought of the two in comparison. Thanks.:happy088:

5. moz68

moz68 Well-Known Member

Mike's and Mystic's are great soaps!

5Savages and CyanideMetal like this.
  6. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

Saturday I received my order from Mike's. A bar of barbershop and an assortment of samples. On Sunday I tried the Peppermint and Rosemary. Great soap and I liked the minty and green scent.

7. NUMCKS

NUMCKS Well-Known Member

Both very good, soft tallow soaps with nice scents.

8. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

The skin care with Mikes is very good, and it lathers like nobody's business. Like it a lot!

9. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

I've now had the pleasure of experiencing 3 of the MNS scents; Pine & Cedarwood, Orange/Cedarwood/Pepper, & Peppermint & Rosemary. Each one is unique, well balanced, & add another dimension to my shaving experience.

Mike answered all of my questions quickly & thoroughly. His sample sizes are generous allowing you several shaves to determine your own thoughts. The tins are a nice touch as I wasn't sure how I was going to store the bar shape. The tin fits in seamlessly with the rest of my Nook.

So let's see, the scents are transcendent, Mike is great to do business with, what else is there? Oh yeah, the lather! MNS lathers splendidly. For a hard soap it loads easily producing a creamy, slick lather with great cushion & glide. Many compare it to MWF & that is warranted as the shave result & postshave skin conditioning are excellent. MNS trumps MWF in ease of lathering, though along with providing multiple scents.

MNS will be a part of my Nook for as long as possible. Thanks Mike for sharing your passion with us & allowing so many others to benefit from your hard work!

10. razorx

razorx Member

Got my Mike's Barbershop Scented Soap last week and have tried it a few times
    Ahhhhhhhh.....Smooth comfortable shave,perfect.

I'm not a guy to comment much on scent,All I want out of my shave soap is great surface protection and Mike's got it done.

I went easy with the water,got a nice thick consistency.

Mike's packaging was earthy/cool looking-Took the bar and broke off pieces with my fingers and compressed them into a shave mug by hand.No problem,easy.

Customer service top notch- great communication and speedy shipping.

Looks like Mike's Natural will be my go to soap.

11. tommyboy923

tommyboy923 Member

Shaver X, your review sold me. BAM!

12. Hirsute

Hirsute Active Member

I just ordered several sample soaps from Mike yesterday. I'll report back.

13. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Been using Mikes every other day for a couple weeks now. I see others state that Mystic Waters provides superior skin care - I've never used MW, so can't compare - BUT I can say that my skin has never been this good in my life! And the lather is everything you could possibly want it to be. I think this is a top-echilon soap that lathers easily, lubricates and cushions very, very well, provides superior skin care, smells great, and I just wish it would be used up faster so I could justify buying the other "flavors" already!

And, Mike is a shaver himself, who developed the soap for his own use. That pleases me somehow... This is now the gold standard in my den. :)

SharpSpine likes this.
  14. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

I need to try this stuff with all the rave reviews. That orange/cedarwood/pepper sounds really interesting.

SharpSpine likes this.
  15. SharpSpine

It's a nice scent Tom. The orange is the dominant scent but you can still pick up the cedar and pepper. It impresses me each time I use it!

16. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

The cedar and pepper is what really piqued my interest, but never the less, it sounds great. I'm not sure what all these soap/cream manufacturers are playing at. Don't they know that I already have too many soaps and creams and really shouldn't get any more until I finish off a few of my current inventory items. I guess the sample size would be ok................right?

DLP likes this.
  17. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

can never have too many samples. :happy102:

18. shaveslave

shaveslave Member

19. SharpSpine

I'm currently testing a Veggie formulation from Mike. The scent is Oakmoss & Sandalwood and it smells amazing. It has great balance and isn't overpowering. Last night and this morning I test lathered it with 3 very different brushes; Muhle Black Fibre, Simpson Commodore X2, & Semogue 830 which isn't broken in yet. You'll notice a difference in the pictures (I much prefer natural light) and I apologize for the one that's really blurry.

Test Lathers:
    1. Muhle Black Fibre - 7s load
    Black Fibre - 1.jpg Black Fibre - 2.jpg

2. Simpson Commodore X2 - 10s load
    X2 - 1.jpg X2 - 2.jpg

3. Semogue 830 - 10s load
    830 - 1.jpg 830 - 2.jpg

tomnat likes this.
  20. 2005xfr

2005xfr Active Member

OK, OK, OK....:signs131:

I just couldn't resist any more!!!

Sharpspine, your post was the last straw.

The reviews have been too convincing.
    And to think, I started this thread!

I ordered every sample "flavor" except unscented.

Can't wait!