Mike's Natural Soaps

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by 2005xfr, Mar 25, 2012.

1. RABIDMONKEY

RABIDMONKEY Active Member

Stonyloam its not a momnet of weakness , Its the cycle of the AD's you read some info on shave products buy samples , report your opinion , someone else falls over the edge . buys some stuff,,,,,by the way im on the edge on the Mystic,you may just be the one to push me into ordering some.........................If it make you feel better

2. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

I completely agree. Mike's is slick stuff and that makes for a great shave for me.

Something else I like about Mike's soaps is the way he cuts the bar. Each bar has the shape of brass knuckles that enables you to easily hold it in your hand while you brush load, but I like to just (wait for it Brian Sharp...) rub the bar directly on my face and then face lather. The shape of the bar makes it very easy to do. that.

SharpSpine likes this.
  3. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Sweet mother of god. When you all mentioned it was inexpensive, I didn't think it was that well priced. Hmmm, I may have to order some soon just to try it out. Those bars look good!

4. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

knocking somebody in the chops with Mike's soaps just doesn't have the same effect, though. ;)

5. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Depends on who it is...;)

tomnat likes this.
  6. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Yeah, but imagine the phycological defeat they'd have when you hit them with it while your face is fully lathered with the wonderful scents wafting into his newly busted nose!

tomnat likes this.
  7. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Randy, I'm sill looking for that poo-on-a-stick lather formula for you! ;)

CyanideMetal likes this.
  8. 2005xfr

2005xfr Active Member

Day 4... Peppermint & Rosemary

Peppermint & Rosemary very nice scent.
    The peppermint is the first thing you notice.
    Then the rosemary finishes it off with a nice herbal note.
    Has a bit of cooling effect (real or imagined) ;)
    I have to remember to have patience buildin g lather but I am well rewarded.

9. 2005xfr

2005xfr Active Member

Day 5... Pine & Cedarwood

Pine & Cedarwood is very nice.
    The pine scent is the primary scent with the warm undertone of cedar.

Still struggling with the lathering part.
    But, tomorow is another day. ;)

10. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I just got my Barbershop scent today along with a sample of the peppermint rosemary. Both scents smell amazing!

11. stonyloam

stonyloam Well-Known Member

My Mike's came this afternoon, going out for dinner so ran upstairs for a shower and shave. Love it!!!!

12. 2005xfr

2005xfr Active Member

Day 6... Lime

Lime is very nice.
    The lime scent is very limey... :rofl:

It lathered up well.
    As long as you have patience and add water s-l-o-w-l-y!

13. byrd

byrd Well-Known Member

Well thanks alot guys........cost me money again!!!!!! I should have my soap by the end of the week. I was really getting concerned about some sort of 12 year Armageddon that would maybe deplete my soap supply by about half!!!

14. Zilla

Zilla Well-Known Member

I just received the barber shop scent. Haven't used it since it's vintage week. It smells amazing. I can't wait to give it a go.

Ryan Bales likes this.
  15. 2005xfr

2005xfr Active Member

Day 7... Lavandin & Eucalyptus

Light lavander scent with a background of eucalyptus.

I really like lavander but not with eucalyptus.

On the bright side... I got good lather!

Final thoughts... (these are mine alone)
    The lather is very good :)
    The scents are not my favorites :ashamed001:
    As hard as I tried... I just don't like the scents. :(

16. TJM

TJM New Member

Apparently its some wierd thing with my computer where I have to press enter while I click the link. I have to wait until after my BDay to order (in case its wrapped up in the closet) or I will sleep on the couch for a week. After tomorrow Im placing my order :)

17. JimPo42

JimPo42 Purported Hand-Shaver

Out of Barbershop scent? NOOOOOO!!!! I guess I'll have to keep my eye on the site. :(

18. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I love the Barbershop scent. Also, the fact that this guy makes the soaps in his kitchen makes it even cooler. Plus, you'll be helping a small time artisan go to the big time.

JimPo42 likes this.
  19. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

Hey JimPo42 if you like I could send you a sample sized slice as I recently got a bar of barbershop. Just send me a PM with your info if this offer interests you.

byrd likes this.
  20. JimPo42

JimPo42 Purported Hand-Shaver

Thank you for the generous offer but I have plenty other soaps right now anyway. If I have to wait I'll live lol.