Mike's Natural Soaps

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by 2005xfr, Mar 25, 2012.

1. byrd

byrd Well-Known Member

Just got my order today. The shipping was super fast, and the communication was great. I think I waited a whopping 2 hours before my patience faded and I shaved. Great stuff and I love the big bar. I used the orange, cedarwood and black pepper today. Very good lather and very good scent. I am impressed.

2. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

2 hours? I forced myself to wait 5 and thought that was torture lol.

3. byrd

byrd Well-Known Member

ahem.....I should clarify. Two hours until I shaved with it. I had a handful of test lather within about four minutes.

I have the patience of a 3 year old.

4. tommyboy923

tommyboy923 Member

I have to chime in again because I am so happy with my Mike's. I've got the lathering technique for the tin figured out (I won't bore you guys, but involves a second "drip" of water). Stellar product.

This morning, I needed to leave the house a bit earlier than usual. I was short on time, but I didn't want to skip shaving, so I (get your rotten tomatoes ready) took out the Schick Hydro. One pass, WTG, but I still did my prep and got a nice slick lather going. Is it a true BBS? No. Is it close enough? For the most part. Is it the best cartridge shave I could imagine? Yes. Not a nick, not a red spot, no irritation and a perfectly fine shave to see me through the day.

5. jjadamsfb

jjadamsfb Member

Alright sold! Tin of the Orange, Cedarwood, & Black Pepper and samples of Lime and Lemongrass & Eucalyptus . The last one is really for the gf(smell not for her to shave with), lemongrass is one of her favorite things.

6. Zilla

Zilla Well-Known Member

Too bad he is out! This is wonderful soap. Likewise PM me. I can always send sample slice. Don't know I went this long without ever trying Mike's. I just love this stuff.

7. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Not only is Mikes Natural an excellent shaving soap, it also lasts a long time. I thought that it would be used up rather quickly since it is on the soft side. Two months on and the soap is hardly used up at all. My guess is that it will last at least six months, which makes it an outstanding value.

Ryan Bales likes this.
  8. Sunflake

Sunflake Well-Known Member

I just won a PIF on another forum, of one of Mikes Prototype shave soaps it's a full size round puck of Bay and clove. Smells amazing if you like cloves. It smells like a excellent winter scent, Warm and spicy. Can't wait to try. As soon as I find a mug or bowl to put it in. LOL

9. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Oh man,i would like to try a soap too...but the shipping is too expensive...The soap itself is 10,50$ but the shipping to Germany is 13,25$...For one piece of soap...:(:angry017: Have they raised the shipping costs generaly for shipping outside the US?! As i ordered my Soap here in the shop (November 2012) the shipping was much cheaper...Or are that other reasons?! I´m sad...:(

10. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

Bummer :( Yes, parcel and priority shipping rates went up on January 1, 2013. Unfortunately, USPS has been losing a great deal of money. (The number of USPS delivery/operating days will also be reduced by 8/2013, expect shipping times to increase, as well). Maybe you can split costs if someone in your area wants to put in an order with you?

11. Sunflake

Sunflake Well-Known Member

Just placed a order for the Lime in the tin. Samples of Lilly of the valley, Pine & Cedarwood, Lemongrass & Eucalyptus, Rose & Cedarwood and a shampoo bar. Which one of Mike's scents is everybody's favorite. Guess you could say I'm all in. Just too many scents to try I had to! What is everyone's impression of the Lime? Can't wait for my order to arrive his scents sound amazing. Any body tried the Lilly of the valley? The description is "A wonderful, calming, sweet floral scent with notes of powder, honey, leaves/grass (very subtle), rose, and jasmine." It must be good because the tin of it is sold out. I'm also curious about the Hungarian Lavender, " Hungarian Lavender (EO) - I’ve acquired a Hungarian lavender essential oil that I’m very enthusiastic about. It’s flowery, herbaceous, earthy, and fresh." I'm not sure about lavender I haven't found one I like, maybe not a scent for me.

12. Ryan B

The only one I've tried is Barbershop. I got a sample of Peppermint Rosemary, but it smelled too herb- like for my taste. I really like the Barbershop and it's in my top 3 soaps.

13. ticman

ticman New Member

I first got samples of the lime, bay rum, and orange cedar pepper. Regarding the scents--- Loved the lime. Felt the bay rum was ok. Didn't care for the orange at all. Lathering was great and BBS every time

I have since ordered full size bars of the lime and the lemongrass & eucalyptus. These scent to me are just fantastic but then I do like the citrus fragrances.

Mike

14. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

My will has given... I'm waiting on a bar of the lime and the orange/cedar/peppercorn.

15. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

Haha gotta love when TSD gets excited about products. 5 Orders are placed overnight. Something similar just happened with Whipped Dog silver tips. :eatdrink047:Cheers to trusting each others recommendations and supporting small businesses. I did not order any Mike's Natural Soaps for fear of death by SWMBO, although in this case that isn't my gf, it's my mother who's house I live in :duel::happy097: I plan to get some MNS in the future though. It seems like the real deal as I've heard of it's flawless quality in countless reviews.

Ryan Bales likes this.
  16. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

You all will be glad you did! Mikes is my #1 soap, and has been for a long time. Unsurpassed shaving characteristics and skin care. Enjoy!

srpavko likes this.
  17. Ryan B

I agree. If you're just sitting on the fence about this issue; just jump off on the Mike's side. It's a good thing this travel box is coming around because I have a lot of stuff to get rid of so I can buy some more Mike's without adding to the clutter that's building up. This is the only product that I can use and have no doubts that it will contribute to a good shave. If something still goes wrong in that shave, I can at least know that it wasn't the soap.

18. jmsodpc

jmsodpc Well-Known Member

i happen to think mikes soaps are really nice. i mixed my lime with coconut scent and think its fantastic

19. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Oh man,please stop...;) Seems to be such a good soap...I just ordered a Mitchell´s Wool Fat...and i´m thinking still about a Mike´s Soap.Is the soap still worth the money?! When i read the Thread here,i think:

Definetly YES!!! What´s with the durability in comparison with other soaps?! Longer lasting or short?! Is it a bit softer soap or more a hard soap?! Questions over Questions...:)

20. Ryan B

PM me, maybe I can help you get some Mikes without getting hosed.

JoeB likes this.