Mirror fog

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Kenneth Sampson, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Kenneth Sampson

Kenneth Sampson Well-Known Member

Don't know. Gonna give it a whirl tonight. I will update afterwards. I think I'm going to try opening the door as soon as I get out and wipe the mirror down and see what happens.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

2. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

Is that the same as a fart fan?:happy068:

Kenneth Sampson likes this.
  3. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

This is truth and will be a problem over time.

4. Kenneth Sampson

The wife works for servpro and knows all about mold. She just takes 1000° showers.

5. Kenneth Sampson

So I said I would update. Just got done with the smoothest shave I've had since picking up the shavette. Wiped the mirror down with a damp cloth before I got in the shower. The fog wasn't near as bad. When I got out of the shower I did a quick wipe down and opened the door. Got my stuff together and let the cooler air in. I tell ya what though, shaving was much easier than before the shower. The ATG pass went easily and my confidence in doing it went up. In fact, I started ATG on my neck, I had to make sure I put a blade it because it was much easier than before. Guess this is my new order.

Nick N Cut and swarden43 like this.
  6. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

Saw on tv a use for my lousy can of Edge shaving cream. A smearing and wipe down to a shine nicely prevented fogging.

Put those lousy cans of spray foam to work for what they were intended to do!!!

7. Tallships

Tallships Well-Known Member

At -10 deg. in winter????
    Now that the kids are grown and gone, just the wife and me. I leave door open and fan running.

8. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Yes. Windows are always open when one's showering. We have a ventilation system, so windows slightly opened is enough for the humid air to get sucked out and not let the warm disappear.

In our old house with no ventilation I just opened the windows completely and had a fun time with the polar bears and penguins entering... :)

9. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

But this comfort speaking. Another, and more importantly imho, reason to open windows is to let the humidity out and not let it accumulate in the room and in the long run destroy the house.

10. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

I usually shave in the shower with a steel camping mirror. Hold it under the water so it's the same temperature and it won't fog up. If you like to shave at the sink, lower water temperature and better ventilation are key.

11. cjw

cjw Active Member

Will keep the mirror from fogging.[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Shaving Cream ... if you have in the house is a free and easy answer. :bounce015: