Mongoose Owners Razor Society (MORS)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Darkbulb, Aug 19, 2015.

1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Looks great. The Legend handle is a big best for sure. I have both the Dr. Bomber and Big Bomber for my batch 2 Mongoose.

Douglas Carey and Papa Roy like this.
  2. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Thanks! I will say this razor has kind of created a problem for me. Let me start by saying that I have at least 1 of every Gillette made and a decent SE group and some injectors that are great! But now this is the only razor I want to use. It was like love at first sight, So all of these wonder razors, friends really, just don't make the grade. I know some will say "really!" but yeah it is just that good for me. Got the Feather Pro and that is the blade. Bought 200 from some guy in Japan for $85. For me it gives the Best. Shave. Ever.
    Mike

3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I agree it's one of my favorite and most used razors by a good margin. The Feather Pro is one of my 2 favorite blades but I prefer the Feather Super Pro.

Douglas Carey, Boojum1 and Papa Roy like this.
  4. Chaddy187

Chaddy187 Active Member

Is the mongoose aggressive?

Douglas Carey and clint64 like this.
  5. Redfisher

IMO with the Feather PRO blade no. Efficient very much so. In the month or so I've been using this I have had zero nicks but it is always 2 pass BBS. Kind of like a Gbar with a better blade.

6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

With all the blades but the Feather Super Pro, I find it shaves very similar to a Gillette New Long Comb. With the Feather Super Pro blades it's more aggressive for sure but not overly so. YMMV.

7. Chaddy187

Chaddy187 Active Member

I'm on the list but if it can't shave me like ikon tech or R41 why spend the money. Yall know what I mean?

Douglas Carey likes this.
  8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I've never used the razors you listed. With the Super Pro it is fairly aggressive but drama free. Maybe someone with knowledge of the razors you listed will chime in.

Douglas Carey, Boojum1 and Papa Roy like this.
  9. Papa Roy

Papa Roy Active Member

Can't wait for mine!!!

10. Redfisher

I have the R41 and can get a close shave with it. I have to be careful with it though. The mongoose is just easier to use for me and gives as close of a shave as the R41.

Douglas Carey and clint64 like this.
  11. Redfisher

Does anyone know how many razors Mongoose has made so far?

12. Chaddy187

Chaddy187 Active Member

How much is a new mongoose? I see people selling them for 300$

13. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

$149 I believe.

14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

See FAQ post #71 page 4 of this thread. Around $160 depending on the finish.

15. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

To be specific I checked their Facebook page. Polished finish is $169 shipped US. Satin finish is $159 shipped US. If you want the head only it is $159 for polished and $149 for satin. Overseas shipping is higher.

16. Redfisher

So today is Wednesday and I have been back on the Goose after a shave with my twin injector on Sunday. I keep thinking I should change the blade since its been almost 3 weeks since the last change. But as I sit here 11 hours later my face is still pretty darn smooth. Maybe I'll change it tomorrow.... Or maybe not...

Douglas Carey and Darkbulb like this.
  17. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I've heard people getting 15+ shaves out of a blade....

Douglas Carey and Papa Roy like this.
  18. Redfisher

I think I'm at 16 or so on this one, I think I'll go and clean the razor and put in a new blade just to see the difference. Figure I got my moneys worth out of this one!

19. Redfisher

Shaved with a fresh Feather PRO this morning and the blade is much sharper when new (of course) . You can feel the sharpness and know that "easy does it" is the rule. As the blade wears I guess I start using more pressure and get a little fast and loose. The shave today was a little bit (not much) closer than with the blade that I tossed. I'm thinking that after 2 or 3 uses it will mellow and then just go for a while. Great blades IMHO.

Douglas Carey, clint64 and Darkbulb like this.
  20. Chaddy187

Chaddy187 Active Member

I'm on the list as of August 12th. One day one day maybe.