Morbid topic- what to do with your shave crap when you are gone

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Drygulch, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

I have a few options for her including a blue starburst.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

2. Infantry23

Infantry23 Member

Nice, she will appreciate it!

3. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

Heaven doesn't want me and Hell won't let me in.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

JazzDoc, 178-bplatoon and Keithmax like this.
  4. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

It's not morbid - it's sensible. You won't be around, and probably won't care by that point, but it's always better to reduce the number of decisions someone else has to make at a stressful time. When my great uncle died, he had enough warning time that he put together a stack of shoe boxes, in order, for my great aunt. The first one was the will and the funeral policy/information with all related documentation. The second was all the bills that had to be transferred out of his name, and so forth. It meant that anyone could help her go through it without stress.

With these things, or any collection, it's a good idea to list someone, or a group, that can assist in disposal or pricing. Then, review it every year to make sure that person's still around (or group). By 'group', if you're in Houston and collect fountain pens, you might have 'contact Lone Star Pen Group' to be able to dispose of the pens properly. With firearms, there are lots of groups. Don't worry about the value - you got your benefit out of them - just make sure that the survivor(s) don't have to fight with them if they aren't collectors or interested in using them.

JazzDoc and Keithmax like this.
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'll ask my sister(should she survive me)to give my arsenal to her son. AND to ask him to get involved with TSD.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    Keithmax likes this.
  6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

GarnerPW likes this.
  7. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I'll be the dead guy who doesn't give a dam anymore.

8. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Yup, what he said!

Keithmax likes this.
  9. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

You don't do anything with it, as you are pushing daisies. Your heirs sell your shaving stuff at an estate sale, donate it to the local thrift store, or sell it for 80 million dollars on eBay.

burnout961, JazzDoc and Keithmax like this.
  10. JazzDoc

JazzDoc Well-Known Member

I'm buying an adjacent grave plot and taking all my stuff with me. :happy097:Too many years learning, buying, selling, accruing, culling and using.
    Drums, cymbals, cameras, lenses, pistols, rifles, shotguns, fountain pens, razors, shaving soaps & brushes...my wife wouldn't know where to start divesting it all properly.

Keithmax likes this.
  11. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

It sounds more like you need a small pyramid. :)

Keithmax and JazzDoc like this.
  12. JazzDoc

JazzDoc Well-Known Member

John, you're my kinda guy!!!:eatdrink047:

Keithmax likes this.