More blade, or more passes?

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Greg Becker, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I can get by with just shaving oil. I think I get a better shave with oil too. It also comes in real handy now that I have a beard and only shave my neck and a small part of my cheeks.

Greg Becker likes this.
  2. flaxton

flaxton Active Member

I shave with oil only occcasionally. I never get any weeps or cuts. Not as much fun as using lather though.

Greg Becker likes this.
  3. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I am fortunate to get a close shave using "regular" strokes so this something I will not need to try.

InspiringK likes this.
  4. Epimetheus

Epimetheus Well-Known Member

Point. IAs a noob, I get confused by all the declarations this or that shave product is the best. Currently I have some good products, yet the one thing that produces a better finish is technique and focus.

Greg Becker likes this.
  5. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

Exactly. I know what works for me therefore it MUST work for everyone right? Not in the case of shaving. Change one thing or the way you do something and everything else changes.
    How about this. Soak your brush for 60 second. Even badgers and synthetics because a "dry" brush will wick soapy Water into its base and cause you to waste soap so you have to scrub more and use more water. All of which can throw your later off. Loose the lather and the shave fall apart.