I started working on these brushes today. The first two are spalted something and the second two are oak. I did the first two together, and I made a mistake in the measurements so they are shorter than I had intended. The last two are what I was aiming for. I was too close to the work to see my mistake. Oh well. They will still be serviceable brushes. I used the four synthetic knots I have for these pictures. Next, I will be sealing and clear coating with polycrylic. Then, I will brand them and set the knots. They will be JR#288 through JR#291 when they are finished. Spalted tamarind. I think this knot really makes this handle pop. Spalted Tamarind with the timberwolf synthetic. I think the color matches this handle, too. Oak with the Cashmere synthetic. Oak with the Tuxedo synthetic.