Morning vs Nighttime

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Steve C, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Steve C

Steve C Active Member

I get up at 3:30 in the morning every day. That's plenty of time for a decent shave.

I don't think I have the patience to shave at night. Bye then I'm thinking about curling up with the wife, and that's more important to me!

RyX and Kokak like this.
  2. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

I shave in the mornings during the summer, since the wife and kids are sleeping when I leave for work. I shave in the evenings the rest of the year since it gives me more time during the busy mornings.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Kokak likes this.
  3. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Night time for me, because that's when I curl up with the wife, and she doesn't like the sandpaper feel, if I don't shave at night.

David W650 and Kokak like this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Shower at night and cold water shave in the morning.

Kokak likes this.
  5. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

I shower and shave in the evening. In the morning I like to get up and go. I'm not the type to take a nice morning shower, enjoy the shave, the cup of coffee and newspaper.

Kokak likes this.
  6. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

I work nights, so I always shave in the morning after work. I always shower after work, so its the perfect time to shave.

Kokak likes this.
  7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Too funny! I am totally opposite. I shower in the morning. I set the alarm to get up early, get my coffee, take my time with a shower and shave. No newspaper, but I do spend some time reading my Bible. I hate to rush. My routine works for me and starts my day right.

CarlfromMO and COMPNOR like this.
  8. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

I have to move. Probably why I am always early to my destination and end up waiting there.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

9. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

My beard grows fast so if I shave at night I would need to shave the morning. I prefer to start my day clean shaven with a smooth face.

10. David W650

David W650 Active Member

Showering and shaving at night does have its' advantages.

DaltonGang likes this.
  11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Is this the cranky old guy routine? I like it.

I work nights. I shower and shave begore work. If I shaved after work I would not look presentable for work at night.

swarden43 likes this.
  12. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

When I worked swing shift I don't think any of the guys I worked with shaved too often because they always had stubble. I was brought up to always be clean shaven when it came to being at work.

Clayton

13. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

For me depends on the work. Growing up on the farm it was no big deal. My Mom pretty much made me stay on top of it though. Most of my profesdional life has been Security or Surveillance. I tend to shave every day for work. Not only because of the job but because I just feel better.

14. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

I worked at a wood treating plant at my last job. I had to shave atleast every other day so that I could wear a respirator if I had too.

Clayton

15. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

I prefer shaving at night while the wife puts the toddler to sleep. I tend to shave better at night plus I shower at night so doing it all together just makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wchnu likes this.
  16. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Security shift Supervisor at a chemical plant here. I can keep the stasch.......that is all I am allowed. Miss my goatee though.

17. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I hate when things start to make sense.

Tiredricefarmer likes this.
  18. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Takes all the fun out of uncertainty.

19. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

Shower & shave around 1830 or so, up by 0430. I'm still smooth 12 hours later, and I work in a hole in the ground. Few people see me by the time I leave at 1400.

20. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Eggggzacally!!!