MTO funny reviews

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by J_Man, May 30, 2014.

1. J_Man

J_Man right on the Mass border

http://www.highya.com/micro-touch-one-razor-reviews?ord=lr#reviews

What are they doing with this thing? I mean seriously people claiming to have mutilated their faces with such a mild razor!

I use the Weishi as my travel razor and as far as I know it's the same thing. The only way I could have cut myself [before shimming] with it was if I used it on my chin like a hammer...Although with 2 shims it's a great [much more aggressive] razor.

GDCarrington, BigT and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

The comments are funny. They may be shaving with just the blade.

GDCarrington and J_Man like this.
  3. J_Man

Ooow! I just cut my tongue off! Damn you Rick Harrison!

GDCarrington, BigT and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  4. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

I haven't a clue as to what these people are doing to cause all these injuries. Lets just be thankful that they didn't buy a straight razor or there wouldn't be anyone left to write a review. lol

5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

If the reviews/complaints are true (some of them smell faintly of troll), then the guys using them are either pushing too hard against their faces because that's what they're used to having to do with modern razors, they have a totally wrong angle, they've done no prep, or all three. I've used that razor -- it's nowhere near the best quality, but the shave isn't the worst, either.

GDCarrington likes this.
  6. J_Man

I guess it's a good thing that they didn't come out with the microtouch straight or you'd be reading "this piece of junk is dangerous It cut my lips off"

GDCarrington likes this.
  7. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

This is what you get when a bunch of people who don't know what they're doing use a safety razor.

GDCarrington likes this.
  8. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

Here's a particularly dumb one:

Yet he uses a razor that has a 4,750% markup ( Proctor and Gamble's highest margin brand) and has an inferior tuggy shave while doing it.

Now here is a good one:

GDCarrington likes this.
  9. J_Man

I am sure that the bad reviews can be chalked up to the ignorance of the shave in a can crowd--rolling straight out of bed, spraying a can of foam on their faces and dragging a bone dry DE across the un-prepped skin...And lets not forget the fact that the razors they're accustomed to using require no sort of skill what so ever.

I do at times find it hard to fathom, but the truth is that the average person doesn't even know how to shave properly with a cartridge razor, so a DE in those hands can only spell disaster...Think about it we come across these guys all of the time, the guy with a whole roll of toilet paper on his face, the guy who still has a 5 O'clock shadow right after shaving, etc.

10. 3 sheets 2 the wind

3 sheets 2 the wind New Member

This guy is fifty five years old and he forgot how to use aDE razor? He cut himself cause he was all fired up about the pawn store being open on easter that he dug that razor into his face...like J_Mans avatar!

GDCarrington and Luteplayers like this.
  11. J_Man

Lol! I can just picture him gritting his teeth and gouging his face while angrily mumbling open your store on easter, I'll show you Rick Harrison.

12. Dr. Tim Wilkins

Dr. Tim Wilkins Active Member

Pretty sure they shouldn't be using a butter knife after reading these.

GDCarrington and BigT like this.
  13. Shotwell

Shotwell Well-Known Member

Actually considered buying one of these to get while I wait (impatiently) for my first eBay purchases to arrive. But still haven't.

GDCarrington likes this.
  14. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

Just get it at a drug store, not the website.
    They actually tell you they are giving away your info in the privacy policy which no one reads evidently.

GDCarrington likes this.
  15. J_Man

So what's the first purchase? @Eric Shotwell

GDCarrington likes this.
  16. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

The CSF (Czardom Security Forces, ie: The Penguinators) has looked into this closely and those reviews of mutilation were posted by Gillette employees. If you click anywhere in the posts, you are led to a commercial for the latest Mach 7.

And now you know.
    [​IMG]

J_Man and GDCarrington like this.
  17. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

While the "micro touch razor" is undoubtedly Chinese made junk, it's promotion hurts the "traditional" shaving cause if you will and I'm disappointed that Rick Harrison would promote it. While there is always the possibility of injury when scraping a "RAZOR SHARP" razor blade across your face! I doubt however you could cause so much damage to your face with out trying, unless your a complete incompetent or the people writing those reviews are outright lying IMO..:shaver

J_Man and GDCarrington like this.
  18. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

A 'famous tv personality' who stars in a staged 'reality' show pitches cheap razors as the GREATEST shave ever...and reviewers are surprised, disappointed and angry? ;)
    Guy is an owner of a pawn shop in Vegas, for goodness sake.
    Can a sales pitch for men's aftershave by a celebrity bail-bondsman be far behind? :D

19. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

You are soooooooo correct.. :happy097:

GDCarrington likes this.
  20. geeeyejo

geeeyejo Active Member

Wonder if all the negative reviews were posted by the owners of "Dollar Shave Club"? Lol