Muhle Sophist

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jaguar, Apr 5, 2011.

1. jaguar

jaguar Member

I am considering the purchase of a Muhle Sophist R 84 SR Porcelain handle razor and would welcome comments from those who have used this razor and could provide comments on how the R 84 SR compares to other Muhle/EJ razors regarding balance, comfort, grip and control when wet, and how susceptible the handle is to chipping or breakage.

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Sorry, can't help you with the razor, but welcome to the Den!

3. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

:sihns011

4. Weishi Warrior

Weishi Warrior Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Shave Den. While I can't be of assistance relative to the razor, I tell you about the Muhle sophist Silver Tip Brush. Muhle puts out a fine product with good crafsmanship and perfect aesthetics. The brush is soft, yet densely packed to provide backbone. The porcelain handle with polished nickel base is beautiful. The brush holds a ton of water! I have not dropped the brush, but I have clanked against a bowl while making lather, and am happy to report that nothing happened. The handle, even when coated with lather, does not get slippery. The other thing is that it is heavy and feels substantial in your hand. I would imagine the razor also feels substantial.

Eventually, I will buy the razor to go with the brush, so if you do buy, please post with your thoughts and findings.

Good luck and many happy shaves!!!!!! :cool: