Musings upon our reality

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Bama Samurai, Jan 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

When my nephew was a freshman in H.S., he was in the band, playing clarinet. We went to a concert where one of the "songs" was a collection of vintage cartoon themes. That was FUN to listen to

2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

On May 7, pizza becomes a regulated item.

Keithmax likes this.
  3. Bama Samurai

Keithmax likes this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

I'm reminded of a highly placed politician stating "There is no controlling legal authority". I reserve the right to pizza happiness in my home despite local, state, or federal law. Is the U.N. involved?

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

Keithmax likes this.
  5. Bama Samurai

To your last question. Probably. Not many people know what Agenda 21 is, or how it may affect their lives. It's something worth reading about, though parse sources carefully. The tin foil gets thick fast, but there's something to discover.

We should probably now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

Blue pill

Keithmax and RyX like this.
  6. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

I'd call it more deregulated. Lots of room to obfuscate in the new laws.

7. Bama Samurai

Ok. I can see that perspective. Another perspective is mathematical. Accurate and complete labeling on pizza is nearly impossible due to permutation and variance, and as a result, the increased signage costs inside the stores and resultant civil liability exposure is likely an expensive exercise in futility.

8. AGHisBBS

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/08/health/menu-calorie-count-law-bn/index.html

9. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

The university near our house has a group called the "8-bit Orchestra" Its very cool hearing the old and new video game themes reworked and played. My daughter was one of the singers on the Baba Yetu video which is the theme song from the game Civilization IV. For those that aren't aware, Baba Yetu is in Swahili translates to "Our Father" in english. Those of the Christian faith would be more familiar with calling it The Lords Prayer

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    Keithmax, RyX and Bama Samurai like this.
  10. Bama Samurai

If there are more regulations now than before, how is that "deregulated"? It's just not as strict as intended originally.

11. AGHisBBS

12. RyX

RyX DoH!

I'm a proponent of Home Pizza. If everyone were to make environmentally sustainable savory baked meals the world could be a better place. The demise of $0.99 store brand pizza is a cost I could live with as long as I can add anchovies to a three dollar generic pie. There's not enough tin foil to convince me my cheap Italian style treat is killing Brazilian rain forests.

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

13. Bama Samurai

The time has come. America is ready.

Ric Flair 2020

14. RyX

RyX DoH!

I recall a product no longer available. A powder that when water was added made great home made pizza dough. Don't recall the brand name. I suspect it was so good, the ready to eat pizza hegemony suppressed public access.

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Aaah flour. Wonderful stuff...pizza bases, bread, pastry. I rarely buy pizza as its easier to make it and quicker

Bama Samurai, AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  16. AGHisBBS

Living on Long Island I'm never more than a few miles from a non chain operated New York style pizza place. A few of them still have grandma in the back making the sauce. :drool:

Bama Samurai and RyX like this.
  17. RyX

RyX DoH!

My father told a story about the first time he tried pizza. His father had traveled for business to New York City. While there he enjoyed his first pizza. Being a research chemist, when he returned home he took over the kitchen and did his best to reproduce the new thing he'd tried. Homemade pizza had been a thing in my family for generations. Kind of odd since dads heritage is Welsh/German.

Bama Samurai and AGHisBBS like this.
  18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

That I’d buy

19. Bama Samurai

It finally feels like spring.

AGHisBBS and Paul Turner like this.
  20. RyX

RyX DoH!

Glad it's finally working it's way north. My sign is when the pecan trees start putting on leaves. They are smart enough to wait until all risk of frost is past. Happened a couple weeks ago here on the South Coast. Ground is still too wet to run the rototiller for a garden. I got about six feet into the patch and bogged down. Try again in a few days, before the next predicted precipitation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.