Musk Aftershave suggestions

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Hoss304, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Hoss304

Hoss304 Well-Known Member

Fairly new to anything besides Nivea balm. My collection has grown to include a few Pinaud . Original , veg, vanilla . I was gifted a bottle of vintage Old Spice and some samples of various types including Fine barbershop . I've tried them all now and seem to enjoy Aqua Velva Musk more than the others. The wife much prefers Pinaud original but I find the AV musk to last the longest and be best for my skin. Is there any other musk AS I should look into. I'll be buying the pinaud musk soon but wondered if there's any more suggestions out there. I have tried the vintage old spice but there isn't much left in the bottle so it's my "special occasion" juice. Thanks

RyX, Spyder and Bobcat like this.
  2. Hoss304

Hoss304 Well-Known Member

I'm 35. Steelworker. Shave once , maybe twice a week so none is really a daily driver . I am not required to shave or smell good for work haha. I'd just like to add a few more to the collection. If it was up to the wifey I could throw them all away besides pinaud original lol .

BigMark83, RyX and Spyder like this.
  3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I also use Aqua Velva Musk and it's a very nice after shave. Not expensive and the scent lasts for a good amount of time.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    Paul Turner, Bama Samurai and Spyder like this.
  4. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

AV Musk for me too. I have tried others, but come back to AV.

5. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Royall - look for it cheap on eBay
    I've got at least four Musk scented aftershaves including AV and Old Spice - If I had to only keep one it would be the Royall

Spyder likes this.
  6. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I just picked up another bottle of av musk. My other bottle went below the half way mark :D By far the best smelling musk of any product out there.

jimjo1031 and Bama Samurai like this.
  7. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Agree. Try Stetson Cooling Moisture sometime, if you haven't. It's in the same neighborhood.

jimjo1031 and Spyder like this.
  8. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Pinaud Citrus Musk

RyX, jimjo1031 and Spyder like this.
  9. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

If you can find Barbasol Musk its worth trying. Not sure if its around still or not.

Spyder likes this.
  10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I might get that one for the summer of 2019. (Can't for 2018, as that would ruin my NB 18 which we all know will be a great success for me).

RyX and jimjo1031 like this.