My best lather yet!

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by rmcintyre84, Dec 12, 2013.

1. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

I'm still a newbie, and I've never cared for the full-on "Santa Claus beard" of foam many of you enjoy, but my lathers have been rather anemic from the start. Last week I started using Williams (yes, the cheap one you can buy in any drugstore) and I started getting some pretty good lathers. Today, once I got the lather going, I added a dollop of Gaia. Not only did it smell wonderful, I finally got that "bowl full of whipped cream" look.

Bobcat likes this.
  2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
  3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

4. zec668

zec668 Well-Known Member

Would you mind explaining what "Gaia" is? I've never heard of it before and if it turns Williams into whipped cream I need to know :)

5. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    It's a shaving cream.
    I'm not sure which, if any, vendors sell it, but any shaving cream will probably work just as well.

zec668 likes this.
  6. rmcintyre84

Aaron: Gaia is an Australian product. Just Google "Gaia for Men." One of our local grocery stores was selling it, but I never tried it because it was $10 a tube. When Price Chopper decided to quit selling it, they marked it down to $3, and I tried it. I liked it so much I bought out the stock at our three local stores. It works pretty well even on its own.

Bobcat likes this.
  7. zec668

zec668 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info guys! Never heard of that one, but sounds pretty good. What a score for $3.00 a tube :)

8. rmcintyre84

Aaron: Here's a photo.

IMG_4022 - Copy (800x533).jpg