My Cancer

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Tylervanstone, Aug 6, 2017.

1. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Many of us our praying for your full recovery. Get some rest.

2. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Add my prayers to those going up from the wonderful folks here at the Den. I ask for healing and peace for you.

Paul Turner and mrchick like this.
  3. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Hang in there. Praying for the best for you.

4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I'll add you to my prayers. Hang in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Axiously waiting for some test news...:char039:

6. Tylervanstone

Tylervanstone Active Member

I got my results. I do not have cancer in my stomach! I have 2 bleeding ulcers thought, They said that's why I am puking blood they are going to do a separate procedure for the ulcers after I have my cancer surgery, They gave me pain pills to take when needed

AGHisBBS, Enrico, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  7. cmorris357

Great news. Ulcers, while unpleasant, are highly treatable with modern medicine. I'll keep you in my prayers for a successful surgery.

Enrico and Screwtape like this.
  8. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Fabulous news! Ulcers can be fixed relatively easily. Cancer...would not have been good.

I will keep you and your support network in my prayers as you work through all this.

9. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Great news, that. But I'm confused.
    Do you have cancer and they were testing for something else? If you don't have cancer, praise the Lord. I think I would be pretty upset if Drs told me I had cancer before confirming it via the tests you just had. If you do still have cancer, may the Lord bless you with His healing.

10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great news. Ulcers can be treated. Keep us posted on your cancer surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Tylervanstone

stared to use my pain pills today 1 every 2 hours knocks me for a loop thought but it dose help

Yehuda D and clint64 like this.
  12. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I'm glad to hear you are getting some relief.

clint64 likes this.
  13. cmorris357

Not to speak for the OP, but if I understand correctly, he was diagnosed with stage 2 lower GI cancer, then later began throwing up blood. The Dr's thought the cancer might have spread to his stomach, so they did an endoscopy and determined it was a bleeding ulcer. He is having surgery later this month to take care of the cancer in the lower GI tract. If I have this wrong I apologize, but knowing how things get re-prioritized at times like this I wasn't sure if the OP was able to reply and I hoped to clear things up a little, if for no other reason than to allow for more specific prayers.

Enrico, Spyder, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  14. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Chris, I think you accurately summarized the situation.
    I believe prayers have already been answered by diagnosis of ulcers vs. cancer moving to the stomach.

Enrico, clint64 and mrchick like this.
  15. Tylervanstone

Hi guys I spent all day today at the hospital I had to eat barium laced oatmeal { 4 big cups} then I was put into a machine that watched the barium go through my system I had to stay in the machine for 3 hours not to mention the barium made me sick I've been puking my guts out ever since I had that stuff. But I am still alive

16. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

The barium stuff is nasty. Get some rest and take care.

Spyder likes this.
  17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I wish you th best on the road to recovery. It can be a long road, but you have taken the steps you need to take. I wish we could do more, but we are here to offer moral support whenever you need us.

Yehuda D and Paul Turner like this.
  18. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Wow, Tyler. God bless, my friend. Hope you don't have to eat barium oatmeal again. It is circumstances like this that will bring a believer even closer to God. I pray you will be comforted by the God of all comfort and healed by the Great Physician Himself.

19. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I hope you got some rest my friend and God bless!