My Fatboy back from Reliable (Rhodium)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Sunflake, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. It looks so nice that I wouldn't want to scratch it!

2. burnout961

burnout961 Well-Known Member

Somehow I missed this the first time around, but I gotta say your before looked way nicer than my Fatboy looks now. Definitely have to start a replate fund:D

3. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

Would it be uncool for me to say that I don't like the looks of the replate? Maybe I'm alone here, but I actually like the before pictures better. Something about the replate, just makes it look not real. Maybe it would look better in person.

But it's not my razor, and I'm glad you enjoy it.

4. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Break out the pitchforks, tar and feathers! Just kidding... everyone is entitled to their opinion. :) I sent my fatboy in and I hope it looks this nice when it comes back. I guess its all about what you like. I do like the oldness before the replate but like it better replated, nice and shiny. I'm probably biased on this topic as I am waiting patiently for mine to come back.

5. Sunflake

Sunflake Well-Known Member

I like the look of the original too, but it had small areas of plate worn off so the brass was showing and I didn't want it to get any worse. But I will tell you it is a much smoother shave since I had it plated in Rhodium. It just glides across your face. I would love to get another that is original and the plating in great shape.