My favorite as a pre shave.

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by cjw, Feb 6, 2017.

1. cjw

cjw Active Member

Just use a small amount like using a shave oil. Rub it on then lather over it. If not showering I wash my face with Dr Bronners Castile soap first leave face damp than apply the pro shave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[​IMG]

2. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

I don't need any pre shave crap any more because this method below really helps and you'll save more money than buying pre shave crap.

3. cjw

cjw Active Member

Tried that before and wasn't impressed with the results. Been wet shaving close to forty years. Tried about everything at one time or another. Found what works for me. To each his own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Demidog and SpeedyPC like this.
  4. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Also I have another option which I've forget to add which is Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil you can used this as a pre & post shave best of all it last a very very long time.

Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (cold pressed) it's very rich in vitamin E and antioxidants, after you have rinsed your face and dried with a towel, wet your hand and put just 3-5 drops of oil. More than this will give you a oily skin (and depending on how big your face is) it will not harm, but too much is just too much.

Then wet the other hand and rub hands together in order to evenly spread the oil in both hands. Now rub and massage your face and neck until you feel they are covered by a very thin layer of oil. Let it absorb for few minutes (with argan or olive oil it usually takes 3-4 minutes) and apply your favorite aftershave or balm.

Your hands will be oily, of course, and you can remove the oil by washing them with soap.

The best results are obtained with Olive Oil (it is well known ancient Greeks and Romans used this oil as a remedy for skin burns and irritations, as well as for strengthening and soothing muscles) which is slower to be absorbed but, in my opinion, leaves a smoother skin.

[​IMG]

5. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

My pre-shave when I'm taking my time is VDH Shave Butter with a hot towel. It was a crappy shave cream, but I think it does a good job in the pre-shave role. Smells pretty nice too.

6. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

Lather & Wood "unscented" pre-shave oil. My 'guess' is that it takes about 20% of the razor-skin friction away. My skin just reacts to small traumas, so this stuff helps a bit for me. I don't use it with every shave and I usually come out fine, but there are times that I skip it and wish I didn't.