My first SE

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by aelfred.t.allspa, Mar 1, 2016.

1. aelfred.t.allspa

aelfred.t.allspa Well-Known Member

I decided to dabble in the dark arts and snatched me up a SE from eBay. Its listed as an ever-ready. It was only $15 to my door. Did I make a decent purchase? [​IMG]

Jim99, preidy, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  2. Double Edge Dougy

Double Edge Dougy Well-Known Member

I believe you did....i got one at a second hand store for 10$....i loved it, but gifted it to my brother. Its #1 in his rotation now. You can get decent SE blades at walgreens

AGHisBBS and Robyflexx like this.
  3. aelfred.t.allspa

aelfred.t.allspa Well-Known Member

Are you referring to the personna gem blades? I found them and plan on picking some up. Thanks for the info!

4. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Excellent razor and I too use one infrequently. I find they're especially useful on a multi day growth.

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Yes, ya done good!
    I will second Gem blades, and scorn Treet blades, but that's me.

6. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Beautiful handle.

7. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

It's hard to tell, but it looks like it's in decent shape. If so, $15 is good for that razor. Most Gem, Star and Eveready razors of that design are reasonably priced, give great shaves and provide a nice variety to the wet shave. I have several of them now and really like the shaves.

To start, keep the head flat to your face and then lift up the back of the razor slightly until you feel the blade beginning to cut the hairs as you pull forward. The nose area is a little tricky at first, but easily mastered. You will get lots of audible feedback from that razor. Like buttering toast!

You can also buy SE blades at Rite Aid.

I'm sure that you're going to love that razor!

Robyflexx and Tdmsu like this.