My first slant bar shave

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by hockeyguy, Jul 2, 2011.

1. hockeyguy

hockeyguy New Member

Hello everyone - I have been wet shaving for a few months now. Bought my
    second razor and it was a Merkur 37G slant bar. I was a bit nervous but guess what, I got a close comfortable shave with no cuts or razor burn. I use a derby blade and my usual C.O Bigelow shave cream. BBS shave ! It was great. SFG:signs021

2. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Awesome :happy088. I love my sledgeslant, it is a thing of awe.

Just keep the fundamentals in mind and you'll only get better and better. If you start getting worse, check the fundamentals. This not only applies to the slant but to all DEs.

I started getting cocky after the first few shaves with my slant. I tamed it, right? It took me a handful of less than comfortable shaves to have it dawn on me to not press down and let the weight of the razor do the work.

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Niiiiiiice! :happy088:happy088

4. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Congrats! I definitely see a slant bar in my shaving future. Glad to hear your first experience was so grand!

5. Old Man Army

Old Man Army Member

Glad you had a good experience. I really like my Hoffritz slant. Not only does it shave well, it just has a solid feeling of quality about it.

6. jkingrph

jkingrph Member

I use one of the Mekur sledgehammer slants, probably more than any other razor, with a second choice being a Grand Shave King head on a Bob's Razor Works Bull Mastiff handle.

I like the shave the slant gives, but if I were blind I would use the Grand Shave King.

7. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Congratulations! My next razor is going to be a slant. I'm just looking for one at the right price.