My goatee "scuttle"

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Lakebound, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Lakebound

Lakebound Well-Known Member

Perhaps some of you already know and do this but, I thought that I would share. This morning, it dawned on me that my goatee is a scuttle for touch-ups. To explain, just like most, my beard on the neck area features different patterns of growth in comparison with the rest of my face. As a result, several "touch-ups" can be called for after going WTG/ATG/XTG on any given shave.

I found that during these touch-ups, instead of going to the brush again using two fingers I simply touch my goatee that is already lathered and use that cream/soap to finish up those tiny areas that need shaving. This assists in feeling for those patches of malingering whiskers who want to miss the blade because they are part of a different growth pattern.

Nothing earth shattering here, just thought that I would share with others here who sport a goatee or partial beard.

It was there (goatee) doing nothing so I put it to work! ;)

Frank

2. Justin Linker

Justin Linker Wetshaving belieber

It's funny because I actually do that a lot. The soap gets pushed to the goatee I just wipe off with my fingertips and rub into touch up area. GOATEES FTW!!!!!!

3. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Good practical application of a 'non-shavable' space!

I guess I can have a 'micro-scuttle' if I re-purpose my soul patch! :)

ohpaos likes this.
  4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Funny, but I'll go back for a bit of lather that is hanging out on the ends of my 'bars just so I can touch up an area!

5. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

This is something I should try. I usually lather around my goatee and shave. Partly to help keep the edge even and balanced, but perhaps I should lather outside the lines a bit :)