My Little Antique Store Find

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Gillette_Man, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Oh, yes. And it will stay a virgin as long as I'm alive!

I love you too, Dave! :taunt002

:happy097:happy097:happy097:happy097:happy097

And since I'm sure you guys are dying to know, but have shown the integrity not to ask, I bought this for....

Don't worry, it's coming!

$75.00 :laugh042

2. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Okay, this was slow to sink in. I kind of thought it was obvious that $5 was the original selling price. Come on, guys! I saw a Slim that was missing its silo doors for $5! :happy102

3. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

I would have paid $25, tops. Only because it looks like a nice one. :D

And I would also USE IT!

4. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

$75 is a great price for this. I am still in awe of this set. Just beautiful.

5. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

+1. and i dont even like aristocrats.

6. Padron

Padron Active Member

Yes, that is a great price :D....especially for a set that is so rare....I've never seen one like it before anyway....Likely to be a good investment as well ;)

Very nice indeed :drool :drool :drool :drool :happy096

7. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I would charge you $25 just to look at it! Hey, wait a minute! You've seen it! You owe me $25, buddy! :happy102

8. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Check's in the mail. I decided $25 was too much though, so I only sent $15. It's just and old razor.

9. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Thanks. I can always use the extra cash to feed my RAD! :D

But, is this really an old razor? Apparently, it has just been sitting in storage for almost 60 years, so wouldn't it technically qualify as new?

10. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

does it make anyone else want to pack a picnic basket?

11. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Ah, yes, a bit o' green tartan plaid -- do you think maybe King C. Gillette had a bit of Scotch in him?

Or maybe rum? :happy102

12. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Beautiful! This is the first of that type of complete set I've ever seen. A very exciting find! Congratulations and at $75.00 I think you did rob the antique store. :D

13. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I was kind of waiting to hear from you on this one, Chris. I also have never seen or heard of this set at any of the forums, on eBay, or Mr. Razor's site. I really feel like I hit one out of the park.

Obviously this set was made sometime between 1948-50, because it has the notched center bar and no date code. The instructions say "New Improved Aristocrat", and tout the notched bar. In that case, would it be safe to assume 1948?

14. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I'm not sure if those razors in between the 1947 un-notched post and the 1950-51 date codes can be pinpointed to a certain year.

Truly an amazing find, the best NOS score of the year that I've seen.